We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantastic Time - thanks for the help

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Fantastic Time - thanks for the help

We got back from our trip to London this past Tuesday and we had a great time. Thank you all on this forum who were so helpful in questions i had. We stayed at the Lancaster Gate Hotel near Hyde Park (i already reviewed it, good value) and ran amuck over the whole city. I was so happy that it didn't rain at all either, who would have thought.

Our favorite was St. Paul's Cathedral by far. What a beautiful space and amazing views from the dome. Also spotted some Banksy art, we geeked out over that! It was near "curry road", we saw it on a walking tour of Jack the Ripper (the Ripping Yarns one- very enjoyable). We found that people were nice and most were helpful when we had questions.

We did buy a travelcard at a rail station, but as far as the whole 2-4-1 thing goes with that, well i still never figured it out, nothing on our card said anything about it, so maybe we were supposed to ask when we were at sites that gave deals? No biggie...

Just wanted to give a quick recap and once again, thanks to the forums. I couldn't plan my trips without doing research on here. Happy travels to you all!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,844 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantastic Time - thanks for the help

Sounds good. Did you see any West End shows?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantastic Time - thanks for the help

<<so maybe we were supposed to ask when we were at sites that gave deals? >>>

Yep

<<No biggie...>

Considering the lengths some people go to save a £1 or £2 here and there, saving £10-£20 per attraction per couple is something most people would find worth spending 2 minutes on finding out how it works before they come - print voucher off website, buy travelcard, show voucher & card at attraction.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantastic Time - thanks for the help

Trust me, I spent way more than 2 min prior to my trip to figure out how to save. The specifics on the entire 2 for 1 deal are not that clearly laid out upon purchasing the travelcard in the rail station at kiosks. We budgeted accordingly without relying in a guaranteed discount, so we were fine.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fantastic Time - thanks for the help

So glad you had a good time and thanks for coming on to say so.

It's encouraging to get a Thank You and know it went well. Come and visit another part to the country sometime?!

5. Re: Fantastic Time - thanks for the help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2012, 05:41