We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drinking water

Kluang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
drinking water

Is it safe to drink from the tap in London? How much is a bottle water cost in London? I'm on a budget. Is there any advise to safe budget on drinking water and where can I buy them?TQ

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: drinking water

Really enjoyed the water in upcountry Burma CT!

BTW, nooner game for the Canucks tomorrow! GO CANUCKS GO!

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: drinking water

We can do it Dave. Just as long as Lou stops going to play the puck from behind the goal. ;-) Go Nucks!

And to stay on topic, drink London water, it's damn good for you. Just look at Boris Johnson, he drinks at least 5 pints a day. I think it's water anyway. Might be Gin. And in Medieval London they used to drink ale instead of water anyway so if in doubt, drink beer.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: drinking water

I don't drink tap at home as it tastes so tinny but drink tap in London. I find though, more imprtant, than taste or tummy, London tap wreaks havoc with my hair. Our water is very hard hair so O think London water may be 'soft'

Turn around Canucks, dethat'ttoday game, that's our B's coming up behind you..

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: drinking water

And just to drag this on a bit longer for you slili8998, what we have started doing over the years is to bring disposable bottles from home. Used to bring Nalgene bottles but some at some airports we've had them taken away. We have the airline staff refill it on board so we don't keep using those little plastic glasses and we end up getting more water and having to bother the staff less often. Upon arrival in LHR we fill up the bottle again with that lovely water. And keep using the same bottle during our trip (washing it out frequently). When we get to LHR for the return trip we recycle the bottle at the airport and buy a couple of new ones at Boots (free newspaper!) and then do the same on the way home with the refilling. Next trip out comes the Boots bottle, all cleaned up and we start all over again.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: drinking water

What a mess I just posted! The iPhone clearly is playing tricks!

I meant to say that despite today's loss, my Bruins are looking to Vancouver!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: drinking water

And here flannan I thought you'd switched your glass of water with one of gin. Silly iphones!

What will Don Cherry do on HNIC? Has to support the Canucks (if they make it of course) but as a former Boston coach??? I think he'll have to sit out of the Coachs Corner for that series!

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: drinking water

After today's defensive performance I should have the gin!

I doubt old Cherry would ever turn down opportunity to express his opinion lol. Truly a gent who enjoys the sound of his own voice:-)

More important- what will he wear?!

Canterbury, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: drinking water

It is absolutely safe to drink yap water in London! Your concern stems from a time many years ago when some bathroom cold taps were fed from a "header tank" where water was stored. Obviously, it would be possible for bugs to get into this water source and so drinking it was not advised.

However, building regulations changed a LONG time ago and all cold taps are now fed direct from the mains.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,932 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: drinking water

I like the sound of Yap water.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: drinking water

As if one thread on this subject wasn't enough we get a second thread dragged up from six months ago.