We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on Ash Cloud ? Weather in London ?

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Update on Ash Cloud ? Weather in London ?

HI We fly out of Australia to come to London in 5 days, we just wanted a update on the Ash Cloud has it left the UK totally? Whats the outlook on it returning ??

Whats the weather been like ? How do i pack ??

Thanks Kim from Aus

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,064 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update on Ash Cloud ? Weather in London ?

Check weather forecasts nearer the time (what it's been like. ie warm and dry is of no use for next week).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/

As for ash cloud, no way of knowing next week either. Germany and Denmark seem to be more affected currently. Suggest you check on news sites which will have some form of rolling update.

telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/8530831/Vo…

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Update on Ash Cloud ? Weather in London ?

Just so you know the weather in the South East of England has been warm, hardly any rainfall for 3 months!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,013 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Update on Ash Cloud ? Weather in London ?

Latest report is that the volcano has stopped erupting. To date nowhere south of Newcastle-upon-Tyne has been affected by the ash cloud unless the flight involved a Scottish or Northern airport

As for the weather next week - ask again in two weeks time.

London
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update on Ash Cloud ? Weather in London ?

According to most forecasts, the weather next week should be mainly warm and sunny, with scattered showers. It does get a lot cooler in the evenings. The only certainty is that it probably won't snow. Bring a light waterproof jacket, brolley and sweater/cardigan, and you should be fine.

The volcano situation is highly volatile, the ash cloud has cleared now but will be back over the UK by Friday. The Met office cannot predict any further than that.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Update on Ash Cloud ? Weather in London ?

<<The volcano situation is highly volatile, the ash cloud has cleared now but will be back over the UK by Friday. >>

"will" be back? That's a prediction not a fact ! It MAY be back on Friday, it may not, I certainly wouldn't plan my life on a Meet Office prediction.

<<The Met office cannot predict any further than that>>

They cannot predict RELIABLY for about more than about a day let alone Friday. Mystic Meg would have as a good a chance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Update on Ash Cloud ? Weather in London ?

From my reading of the charts, it looks like the ash that blows back here by Friday will not be concentrated enough to affect air traffic.

Fairfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Update on Ash Cloud ? Weather in London ?

Reports are no more ash is being expelled so hopefully this means the eruption is over. We fly to London next week so I have been watching closely as well. I really hope it is indeed over.

8. Re: Update on Ash Cloud ? Weather in London ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 05:17