We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Underground Itinerary

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
206 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Underground Itinerary

Does this seem to make sense to get me from Heathrow to an address I have in Notting Hill area? (Westbourne Park is the closest station to my destination).

Get on the Piccadilly from Heathrow, change to Hammersmith & City at Hammersmith, exit at Westbourne Park.

Thanks in advance!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,356 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,127 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
512 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,460 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Underground Itinerary

What street or road is your destination in Westbourne Park? And are you travelling during the week or at the weekend? Will you fly with BA to T5 or are you arriving at LHR with another airline? At what time of day will you travel?

Let us know a bit more, please and thank you.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
206 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Underground Itinerary

Our flat is on Ledbury Road (near The Ledbury restaurant).... We are arriving at 9 pm from Copenhagen to Heathrow on BA on a Monday night...

Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
The Ledbury
The Ledbury
2,611 Reviews
London, UK
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,460 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Underground Itinerary

Thank you. The reason I asked is because planned works on some weekends might have made the journey a bit tricky, but with a Monday night arrival that's a different matter.

There is a lift up from the Piccadilly line platforms to the ticket hall at Hammersmith, with the walk to the Circle and Hammersmith & City line station entrance in Hammersmith Broadway not too far, maybe a minute's walk. If memory serves, the walk from the ticket hall to the platforms at the Circle and Hammersmith & City station is step free.

At Westbourne Park there are about 35 steps up from train platform to ticket hall; Ladbroke Grove has stairs down from the train platform to ticket hall but may be a bit further from your flat.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Underground Itinerary

If you can afford it make sure you go to that restaurant! World-class is the word.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,452 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Underground Itinerary

The walk from Westbourne Park to the Ledbury is about 0.4 miles (8 mins walk), and from Ladbroke Grove it's about 0.6 miles, (10-12 mins). If you travel to Ladbroke Grove, the number 7 or 70 bus will take you to Powis Gardens, which is just 150m from the Ledbury restaurant.

Edited: 01 June 2011, 02:18
Mentioned in this post
The Ledbury
The Ledbury
2,611 Reviews
London, UK
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
206 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Underground Itinerary

So in other words, on a Monday night, getting on the Piccadilly from Heathrow, changing to the Hammersmith & City at Hammersmith Station and exiting at Westbourne Park will get me to my address in Notting Hill??

@lava_tory, I wish we could afford the restaurant, it sounds amazing!

Thank you very, very much!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Underground Itinerary

There is a very useful App for an iPhone for TubeMap.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,896 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Underground Itinerary

"So in other words, on a Monday night, getting on the Piccadilly from Heathrow, changing to the Hammersmith & City at Hammersmith Station and exiting at Westbourne Park will get me to my address in Notting Hill??"

It will indeed with the only possible glitch being the change of line at Hammersmith which will involve leaving one station, following signs, crossing the street and going through the barriers at the H&C line station.

9. Re: Underground Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 14:18