We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekly Flats

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
640 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Weekly Flats

Are there any furnished flats in London that can be rented on a weekly basis for 125 pounds are less per week. The flat can be in zone 2 or 4. Hammersmith, Wood Green, Fulham, Earls Court, Paddington, and Shepards Bush are all areas that would be okay. A twenty minute commute to Central London would also be okay.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekly Flats

You keep trying -for that price you are likely to get a room in a house or flatshare -normally not in the best areas (not the places you list !)

For your own "front door " in a reasonable area expect to pay double

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekly Flats

Yes it's doable although only just, furnished properties are few and far between at that price. You won't get a flat as such, more likely a bedsit (that's a room with a combined sleeping and living area but it will usually have a simple cooking area and a small shower room).

Something like Rightmove is your place to look, there's a furnished studio here in Stamford Brook for £115 a week.

rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-33…

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekly Flats

Why don't you just google some property rental sites and see what they have on offer rather than keep asking your question on a travel forum, when it is so obvious it has nothing to do with someone coming on holiday. If it had you would not have mentioned you wanted a furnished flat, as most hoiidaymakers I know wouldn't think to bring their own furniture.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
640 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekly Flats

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have a friend who is in London now who is contemplating relocating there. He needs somewhere to live on a weekly basis until he decides and is at a bed and breakfast now. He is on a limited budget. He went to London with the objective of finding places to stay until he decides what to do. His way of traveling is very different than mine.

I am googling realty agents but have gotten some good advice on the forums. I am looking at findaproperty.com. Is anyone familiar with it?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,233 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekly Flats

"He went to London with the objective of finding places to stay until he decides what to do"

I may be getting the wrong end of the stick but does he have a UK passport or the right to remain here?

I know you make think some people are being mean in reporting your other threads but if he isn't legally allowed to live or indeed work here then this thread could be seen to be encouraging illegal activity, something TA don't like.

Edited: 05 June 2011, 21:47
Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekly Flats

This is the same posting that was tossed out on the Manchester forum

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,860 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekly Flats

www.spareroom.co.uk and www.flatshare.com may be his best choice of finding a place to live at that very low budget.

But as adamhornets said, if your friend doesn't have the right to remain then he may wish to reconsider settling in London and 'deciding what to do' until he does have that right. If he does not have sufficient funds to support himself he may find London a less than desirable place to stay whilst considering his options.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
640 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekly Flats

Adam, as an Irish citizen he has a right to stay in the UK.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
640 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekly Flats

TravellerPlus he has a monthly income and investments, but he is on a budget. He is actually leaving London tomorrow and traveling south. He's also retired. Yes, he is traveling like a younger person.

Thanks for your advice.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
640 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weekly Flats

I find it a bit disheartening that some people have questioned my motives. I am trying to help someone who is traveling to relocate whom I love very much. I came to the forums because of how supportive and helpful people have been previously.

I thank those of you who have given me good advice and who have assisted me.