We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mint Tower of London or Millennium Baileys or Gloucester?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mansfield, ma
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Mint Tower of London or Millennium Baileys or Gloucester?

Can anyone recommend one of these vs the other? They both sound like lovely hotels. We want to be close to a Tube stop and comfortable walking around to shops and restaurants. I accidentally booked a different hotel, not realizing it was a bit out of the way, so I want to avoid making that mistake again. Thanks for your suggestions!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mint Tower of London or Millennium Baileys or Gloucester?

I can't help you with Millenium Baileys or Gloucester but I can tell you that there aren't any shops within walking distance of the Mint - it's located on the edge of the financial district and is surrounded mainly by office buildings. And The Tower of London of course, but no shops to speak of. There are some restaurants/bars close by, but not that many and apart from St Katherine Dock which is a few minutes walk away, the area is like a ghost town at the weekend with many of the few restaurants & bars actually closed.

It's mere minutes to walk to Tower Hill tube, so you needn't feel isolated, but it's not the best place for a lively street scene or people watching, unless you're into suits hurrying to and from meetings.

Edited: 08 June 2011, 14:44
mansfield, ma
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mint Tower of London or Millennium Baileys or Gloucester?

That's hugely helpful; thank you for the quick and detailed response!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
185 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mint Tower of London or Millennium Baileys or Gloucester?

I Love the Bailey's...it just across the street from the Gloucester Road tube station and an easy walk to lots of shops and restaurants. The Gloucester Road tube station is convenient as three lines run thru there so easy to get to many places you'll want to see. And if you're coming from Heathrow you can take the tube...there's only one small set of stairs to walk up to get to the street level and if I can carry my luggage up those I think anyone can.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,848 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mint Tower of London or Millennium Baileys or Gloucester?

Another vote for Bailey's which is a consistent favorite here. We loved our stay there--tube across the road, quiet rooms, restaurants all along the street.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mint Tower of London or Millennium Baileys or Gloucester?

Though the location of the other two meets your requirements better, the Mint is probably the most pleasant hotel in terms of being up-to-date and well-decorated. As others have said Bailey's will be better for shops and restaurants.

6. Re: Mint Tower of London or Millennium Baileys or Gloucester?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 16:17