We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trooping of the Color???

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Trooping of the Color???

Going to london this weekend for Trooping of the color?? I am staying near Tottenham court road and wondering what the nearest tube station would be to the Trooping of color event.. Also what time should we go there to get a good view?? Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
659 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trooping of the Color???

Westminster, Charing Cross and Embankment stations are all a short walk from Horseguards.

As for timings, I'd like to know too as we are also going this weekend!

London, United...
Level Contributor
659 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trooping of the Color???

No-one else answered so I looked around.

The parade apparently reaches Horseguards at 11am so I'd suggest you find a spot around there at 1030 so you can see the Scots Guards (who are this year's battalion) arriving. You can also park yourself anywhere along the marching route.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,647 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trooping of the Color???

Just keep in mind that the Northern Line isn't stopping at Tottenham Court Road until later in the year (otherwise that would have been the quickest way to get to your destination. Goodge Street isn't far away though.

London
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trooping of the Color???

Unless, by some last minute re-arrangement, the Scots Guards have been replaced by the US Marine Corps, it is spelt 'Colour'.

5. Re: Trooping of the Color???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 16:16