We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm here!!!

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
I'm here!!!

Yes, I landed this morning at LHR!

I stayed up a bit after my son-in-law picked me up. Then I napped, took a shower, and we went to a pub for supper - fish and chips for me!

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm here!!!

Zoey: Hope you're having a wonderful time! What's on the agenda?

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm here!!!

Zoey1996

Will you be at the TALF meeting Sunday night?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
661 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm here!!!

Hurray!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
879 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm here!!!

yay glad ya made it!

have fun in london!

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm here!!!

Glad you made it safely to London. Have a great time.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm here!!!

Friday night, we went to the Barley Mow. Sorry, couldn't make the TALF meet Sunday Feb. 12, but we're planning on the pub crawl on Feb. 21.

Saturday we visited Hampton Court Palace. Spent a little over two hours and could have spent much more time there. My daughter had a field hockey game, so I went with her and watched that. I'd never seen her play before, or watch a field hockey game either, so very interesting!

Sunday we went to Kingston and saw the coronation stone, then just walked about a bit, did a little shopping. I needed an umbrella (though I later found the one I'd brought with me!) so we popped in to a Woolworth's.

Yesterday, we visited Kensington Palace. Very nice, very nice. I live in Williamsburg, Virginia, home of the College of William and Mary, chartered in February 1693, so I'm interested in them, and both lived at Hampton Court Palace and Kensington Palace. Later we visited the Victoria and Albert, walking by the memorial to Albert on our journey. We also stopped in Harrods. Huge! Pricey! Glitz and glamour! I bought some treats for my little stay-at-home furbabies.

Met up w/son-in-law at a seafood restaurant, Loch Fyne, very close to the theatre where we saw The Producers. A good time!

Arrived home 11:30-ish. They both went in to work today, while I'm staying home, and dogsitting tonight while they go on a nice Valentine's Day dinner.

Tomorrow it's off to Westminster Abbey, the Eye, and the Imperial War Museum.

A funny note re: Kensington Park. We stopped on a bench to eat sandwiches we'd packed, and were immediately accosted by pigeons and the most aggressive squirrels I'd ever seen! They even tried to run up our legs to get some food! We did not feed them, but got up and walked while eating. It was too amusing!

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm here!!!

Zoey: Sounds like you've beem packing in a lot of activities, including squirrel/pigeon dodging. I had never heard about the squirrels or pigeons being so aggressive but maybe they are just so used to people feeding them that they've become over-friendly.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,850 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm here!!!

Glad you are having a great time and looking forward to meeting you next week.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm here!!!

Hi Zoey, were they grey or red squirrels ?

The red ones are our native ones, but they are disappearing....you'd have been very lucky to see one of those !

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm here!!!

Sounds like a really nice visit and seeing some major sights. Lucky you. Enjoy!