We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking and tickets

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
parking and tickets

I am interested in going to the exhibition I am a university student studying the subject of pirates and piracy for my dissertation and I want to bring my dad. We are going to drive there and I was wondering what parking is like around the area? Also, do you know if and where we can buy tickets online in advance as it may be cheaper?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking and tickets

I had to look up where it was

There's no onstreet parking anywhere near, but there's a carpark (attached to the cinema on Hertsmere Rd) that is pretty reasonably priced as far as these things go. It's a fair bit cheaper than the main Canary Wharf car parks. Follow the Carpark signs for "West India Quay"

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking and tickets

Could you translate for those of us who speak English, use punctuation and appreciate context?

Mentioned in this post
The English Restaurant
The English Restaurant
332 Reviews
London, UK
england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking and tickets

I think you may be asking too much, Nick. He is a student. We may have to guess what exhibition and where it is.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parking and tickets

LOL, in all that, the actual required bits of information to answer the question (where and when is he going) are the only things not mentioned.

Possibly a good lesson for when applying for a job on the Black Pearl, make sure key facts are there.

London
Level Contributor
734 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: parking and tickets

Well, good luck with that dissertation...

London, England
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parking and tickets

Parking is tricky around the Museum of London Docklands so seriously consider public transport; and as regards detail- let Google be your friend- when all else fails, check the website

museumoflondon.org.uk/Docklands/…Pirates.htm

And if you do insist on driving, remember the Blackwall tunnel which links Docklands to South London, the A2, A20 and M25 is shut some weekends and other times southbound for works.

And Greenwich Nick- here I was thinking how patient you are in your TA posts - for example recently with that lass from Sicily who didn't know which Greenwich college she was looking for- and you slap poor ke1bob down just becos he is semi-literate. Common feature of de yut' t'day; my godson gets me to check his dissertation drafts as otherwise they would be a grammar free zone- and he'll probably scape a 2:1 . As I'm the wrong side of 60 I didn't get to Uni- maybe we should share it!

Mentioned in this post
Museum of London Docklands
Museum of London...
994 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
Greenwich
Greenwich
5,433 Reviews
London, UK
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Uni
Uni
164 Reviews
London, UK
7. Re: parking and tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 00:16