We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photography at RAH?

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,932 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Photography at RAH?

I've run mad and bought myself a #z!f expensive ticket for the first night of the Proms.

The Royal Albert Hall website is lovely, very easy to use but I wanted to check one thing:

I read clearly that no photography is allowed - does this mean during performances or even when I arrive and am gawping around the glories from my box?

It would be a shame not to be allowed to take any photos at all but it would also be a shame to be thrown out for illegal snapping.

Ta.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photography at RAH?

Wonder if there might be a 'contact us' link on the RAH website so that you could check with the people who really should know the answer?

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,932 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photography at RAH?

True, O Queen.

I have contacted them. :)

Cambs
Level Contributor
628 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photography at RAH?

The RAH terms and conditions state:

The unauthorised use of cameras, audio and video equipment is not permitted. P

I know that lots of people do take photos - not during the actual performance, of course!

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photography at RAH?

Not at the RAH, but I was very happy to be in the audience when Ivor Cutler, having been flash-photographed by some goon in the audience as soon as he stepped on stage, walked off and refused to continue until that person had left the auditorium.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,932 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photography at RAH?

U.M. Yup but I'm kind of hoping it'll be ok before the performance starts. Way before, I don't mean when the conductor is tuning up his baton.

G.N. Quite. I can't imagine anyone being crass enough to do that but then I've heard people have conversations, rustle sweets and forget to turn off their mobiles in opera houses round the world......

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photography at RAH?

It was heart-warming how wholehearted the support for Cutler was.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,932 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photography at RAH?

I'd never heard of him befor (and me a Scot) but I read him upon Wikipdeia - wish I'd heard/seen him!

8. Re: Photography at RAH?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 11:18