We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Gelato in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dunstable...
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Best Gelato in London

My husband loves gelato, ice cream and frozen yogurt . It is his favorite treat when we are out sightseeing. Where is the best place to get some outstanding gelato? We are staying in Bloomsbury area. Thanks in advance for your help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Gelato in London

For me gelato is just the italian word for ice cream. Is it meaning something specific to you?

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Gelato in London

I think that gelato has a lower butterfat content than most ice cream OR at least that is way it is here in the States and what my husband has told me <VBG>. I think that this might be an excuse so he can get it more often.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Gelato in London

Strawberry Cornetto, any newsagent or convenience store will have them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Gelato in London

This article may help

timeout.com/london/…gelupo

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Gelato in London

"Strawberry Cornetto, any newsagent or convenience store will have them."" Ha ha, like it.

I think a lot of people might wonder what your talking about if you stopped them to ask "where the best gelato is".

Edited: 26 June 2011, 21:04
London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Gelato in London

Scoop at 40 Shorts Gardens has a good selection of flavours of creamy ices and sorbettos. Freggo at 22 Swallow Street is worth a visit if you're near Piccadilly Circus and want a cool treat.

M&S Simply Food shops should have small freezers near the tills with a selection of ice creams; they make a clotted cream vanilla that's very tasty indeed. Small tubs of Green & Black's organic ice creams are sold at Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Holland & Barrett shops; I've only tried the vanilla and chocolate with the latter very rich indeed.

The best ice cream and sorbet I've had is still that from Berthillon in Paris. Just had some very recently, made with tiny fresh fraise des bois - glorious.

London, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Gelato in London

timeout.com/london/restaurants/features/7754…

Just seen this article, OP I think there should be enough info on there for you!

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Gelato in London

Berthillon in Paris, definitely at the top of the list. As for London, Scoop sounds worth a visit.

On a practical note, I'm just happy that Magnum ice cream bars finally made it from the UK to the US even if it pushes me to the limit of my daily calories.

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Gelato in London

Fortnum and Mason do the best gelato sundies in their 'Parlour' cafe. They are expensive but truely amazing!

The other option is Harrods in their food hall, they have an ice cream parlour that also do amazing gelato sundies, however they are not quite as good as those found in Fortnums.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,784 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Gelato in London

LesMisRules, what do you think of those Magnum bars sold here in the US? I was so disappointed...maybe I am simply imagining it because I am not eating them in London, but they taste MUCH different here.