We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Family Pub near London Eye

Adelaide
Level Contributor
376 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good Family Pub near London Eye

We will be indulging in the Champagne Experience on the London Eye on Thursday 8th July at 6.00pm and looking for a family friendly pub with good food that we can go to for dinner after with friends.

Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,359 Reviews
from US$130.80*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,129 Reviews
from US$139.50*
US$155.00
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
517 Reviews
from US$118.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$348.40*
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
8,750 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Family Pub near London Eye

There's not a lot on that side of the Thames around the eye, except for the very good Kings Arms on Roupell Street... even then, that's a pub that gets extremely busy after work and it's not somewhere I'd go for a meal with kids. To be fair, most London pubs are heaving with after work drinkers at 6-7 pm on a Thursday. If I was looking for somewhere to have a family meal I'd avoid a pub at that time.

If it has to be a pub then the St Stephen's Tavern opposite Big Ben (on Parliament Square) takes crowds in it's stride and the food isn't too bad. Otherwise the Lord Moon of the Mall (on Whitehall) can be okay for families, just about, at least it has a lot of proper tables so there is the chance of a sit down together. Very average food mind you.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Family Pub near London Eye

There are also the bar and restaurants inside the Royal Festival Hall, which is right next to the London Eye

…southbankcentre.co.uk/visitor-info/shop-eat…

Edited: 28 June 2011, 18:43
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
8,750 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Family Pub near London Eye

^^ And they're the far better choice for a family meal.

Just thought of a quieter possibility, the upstairs dining room in the Sherlock Holmes on Northumberland Avenue. It's usually fairly peaceful up there as they only allow diners upstairs.

Edited: 28 June 2011, 18:48
Adelaide
Level Contributor
376 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Family Pub near London Eye

Thanks for your feedback, the Sherlock Holmes sounds like a good option if we decide on a pub but will also check out the Royal Festival Hall.

Thanks again

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Family Pub near London Eye

Not far from the London Eye is a family style restaurant called Giraffe or something like that. The food is nothing very original, but it's tasty enough and they serve drinks for the grown ups.

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Family Pub near London Eye

I never thought I'd end up NOT recommending going to a pub - but on this occasion, I'd simply go to Giraffe as suggested by kansasbeck. Fun for the kids and very handy for the eye.

Mike

London, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Family Pub near London Eye

One slightly more offbeat recommendation might be the German pub Zeitgiest, which is about ten minutes walk from the London Eye. Great beer there and traditional authentic German food at reasonable prices.

8. Re: Good Family Pub near London Eye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 18:16