We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biscuits

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Biscuits

I always think that the best souvenirs are edible items. Any recommendations on where to find the best biscuits in London?

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biscuits

I personally like to go to the supermarkets and buy biscuits there. I like eating the same stuff the normal folks eat and the prices are a lot better than the souvenire shops. I like cruising all of the grocery store aisles. I even bring a packet of British doggie snacks back for my mutts. To me, it's just interesting to see different things or same things in different packaging.

If you can find them, try some Tunnocks caramel wafers. These are made in Scotland but sometimes you can find them other places. They are sooo yummy!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biscuits

I'm rather fond of Jammie Dodgers, Jaffa Cakes, McVities Digestives, Hob Nobs - all available in the supermarket (along with zillions of other varieties too).

I'm working my way through the bikkie aisle and trying more each visit :-) I haven't found any yet that I don't like ;-)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,341 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biscuits

Tunnock's Caramel Wafers in the gold and red packaging - brilliant choice. The fab little diamond above the logo on the wrapper proclaiims Still Original Size which still gives me a chuckle. 82p for a packet of four at Sainsbury's, Waitrose and Tesco.

M&S Raspberry Viennese biscuits and M&S Biscuit Curls, both so tasty and moreish. Custard Creams, Malted Milk, Cadbury Fingers (sounds scary, taste great) and a Rich Tea Cream every now and then. Yum.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Biscuits

Chocolate Hob Nobs, Jammy Dodgers, Ginger Nuts.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biscuits

Shortbread, I know it's Scottish and not very Londony but i love it also all the Cadbury buscuits, also Harrods have a very posh selection that people always appreciate, especially as they can keep the tin.

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Biscuits

Fox's Chunky Chocolate Biscuits, Bourbon Creams, Rich Tea, Abernathy, and Nice. I've got a cup of tea in front of me, I'll have to go and raid the biscuit barrel now!!!!!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Biscuits

Shrewsbury biscuits , you can buy them in most supermarkets, US friends of mine always used to stock up on those when they came over.

Edited: 03 July 2011, 09:38
Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Biscuits

Everyday choice: KitKat. Great with a cup of tea, sold everywhere.

Posh choice: Duchy Originals lemon biscuits, sold in Waitrose:

www.duchyoriginals.com/lemon_shortbread.php

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Biscuits

Chocolate digestives.

Pink wafers and party rings- kids love these.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,866 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Biscuits

Border Buscuits - all excellent (though they are Scottish) especially Chocolate Gingers made with dark chocolate. Excuisite!