We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wembley without a tour?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dabrowa Gornicza
Level Contributor
207 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Wembley without a tour?

I'm visiting London next week and one of the things of great importance to me is the Wembley Stadium. However, two members of my party aren't fluent English speakers and therefore getting a tour is kind of pointless. Is there any "admission only" ticket? There are such at many stadiums but from what I saw on the website, not on this one. I mailed them about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back since. Do you happen to know the answer?

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
8,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wembley without a tour?

There's no self guided option that I'm aware of. I know the sort of thing you mean (they do it at the Bernabeu) but I've not seen it offered at Wembley.

Still I wouldn't say it's pointless to do a guided tour, you still get to see everything that everyone else does. The guide is silent a lot of the time while people take their photo opportunities and look around. Most of the commentary is kind of stating the obvious anyway. Apart from some anecdotes the guide will mainly tell you where you are and what you're looking at and you can kind of work that out yourself. I heard a lot of foreign voices and languages when I took the tour so I don't think everyone there was an English speaker. There were a few Japanese tourists who seemed not to speak any English, they spoke at the same time as the guide anyway so I assume they weren't listening to him.

I've done a few stadium tours in different countries and in one or two it was in the local language but I didn't feel I missed out on anything at all. After all you go to see the views, to get into the dressing rooms, to be next to the pitch etc. The chatter is secondary.

PS: Wembley's guided tour is £18 and the Bernabeu's unguided one is 16 Euro so they're broadly comparable anyway.

Edited: 06 July 2011, 15:25
Dabrowa Gornicza
Level Contributor
207 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wembley without a tour?

Thank you very much :)

3. Re: Wembley without a tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 06:16