We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hop Farm

South London
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Hop Farm

Hey guys,

I'm planning on attending the war and peace show at hop farm on wednesday, trying to plan my journey by train to either Beltring Station or Paddock Wood St but TFL seems to not recognise either of these?

I'll be leaving from Mitcham Jct - can anyone help?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hop Farm

Suspect TfL is not seeing them because they are not in London - try the National Rail website

London
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hop Farm

TFL won't recognise it because it is not in London - try Southeastern trains website;

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hop Farm

Yes, try the rail websites. To get to Paddock Wood your best bet is to go to London Bridge from where there are quite fast trains.

South London
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hop Farm

Awesome :) Thanks guys - I've worked out it's fairliy quick and easy from East Croydon which isn't too far from me. Direct to Tonbridge and then onwards :)

South London
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hop Farm

Is it much cheaper to buy in advance online than on the day? I have a hospital appt around 11am and I'm worried about commiting to a time :S

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hop Farm

I do not think you would need to book train in advance as Paddock Wood to London is a commuter route so you should get a cheap day return if you begin your journey after 9.30 am. There should also be a shuttle bus to take you from Paddock Wood to the Hop Farm. It used to be free with your train ticket but do not know if that is still so.

Edited: 14 July 2011, 13:19
Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hop Farm

Yep, there's no saving for buying in advance on any Southeastern trains route.

I went to the recent Hop Farm music festival and used the complementary shuttle buses which, though ancient double-deckers, were very efficient. These went from Paddock Wood station (just off from the platform where the trains from London arrive - not on the town side). I would not suggest using Beltring station, which although marginally closer, is on another line so you'd need to change again, and is not served by the shuttle bus. Please don't try walking the station as the Hop Farm is on a very busy main road with no footpath. There is full travel information on the website www.warandpeaceshow.com

Edited: 14 July 2011, 13:41
South London
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hop Farm

Great advice again guys about the shuttle buses, in case they aren't running, is it far to walk ?

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hop Farm

It depends on how fit you are but I would not walk it and as Bayboy said the road is very busy and no footpath for much of it.

The link below gives more info on how to get there.

www.thehopfarm.co.uk/faqs/travel

10. Re: Hop Farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 10:18