We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The George Inn closed?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
23 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
The George Inn closed?

I haves tried to contact the George Inn to no avail. On the national trust website I saw that it was currently closed for renovations. Anyone have any idea as to when it will reopen? Thanks

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The George Inn closed?

The National Trust website suggest 6- 8 weeks and as there is a review dated the 6th of this month on another pub review site (Beer in the Evening) I would think that the work has only just started.

To be honest I think it needed some work doing. It was looking tired and had that stale smell that can sometimes happen when a lot of people gather regularly in smallish space.

I'm sure on or two locals work in the area and will check out the latest for you.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The George Inn closed?

Which George Inn are we talking about.

Mention of the National Trust made me think it was the one owned by the National Trust in Lacock.

This is certainly not closed at all as I had a meal in there earlier today.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The George Inn closed?

The one in Southwark which is also owned by the National Trust - www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-georgeinn

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,743 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The George Inn closed?

i was by there on Friday, not knowing it was closed in advance. They have scafolding up and it's totally covered. There is a bar across the courtyard that is open - didn't recognize it before but didn't stick around and moved on to The Royal Oak instead. Hopefully they do open it soon - it's a nice place for a pint on a summer's evening.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
972 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The George Inn closed?

I walked past the George Inn today. The sign at the entrance states, "We will be closed for refurbishment from 27 June. We re-open Monday, 15 August." The aforementioned scaffolding is in place and covered, making it difficult to tell how much progress has been made.

6. Re: The George Inn closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 02:18