We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kings Cross to London Zoo?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Kings Cross to London Zoo?

Hello! Can you tell me how to get to London Zoo from Kings Cross,I"m not familiar with London Tube sistem,so if there are any buses it would be better, we"ll have our kids with us,and i"m a little afraid using the Tube with them? Thank you!

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kings Cross to London Zoo?

I do prefer buses to the tube as well ;-)

So, from King's Cross catch bus nr. 10, get off at Marble Arch, and from there catch bus nr. 274 (Caledonian road direction). This map is going to help you: tfl.gov.uk/assets/…central_bus_map.pdf

Right in front of the Zoo gate, there's Primrose Hill. If the weather is nice, go on top of the hill (it's going to take about 10 minutes, no more) for a wonderful view of London. At the bottom of the hill there's a nice playground for the kids as well as free and clean toilets.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kings Cross to London Zoo?

You can take the no 30 bus (towards Marble Arch) and take in views on the way and walk from Regents Park or Great Portland Street.

If its raining get off at Baker Street, then change for the no 274 bus.

Or you can use the tube, Northern Line, north bound to Camden Town, only two stops the nearest tube and short walk.

See link for further details:

zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo/…AR.html

Edited: 15 August 2011, 15:20
Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kings Cross to London Zoo?

Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kings Cross to London Zoo?

A perhaps quicker way to do the journey by bus would be to take bus no. 17, 91 or 259 from the stop in York Way (outside Kings Cross station) to Caledonian Road and Barnsbury Station. This is only about 4 or 5 stops. From there you can take bus no. 274 all the way to the Zoo.

You could also take bus no. 214 from the same stop to Camden High Street, from where you could pick up bus no. 274, or also bus no. C2 which stops close to the Zoo.

Edited: 15 August 2011, 16:21
West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kings Cross to London Zoo?

However, it is only 2 stops by underground train. Kings Cross station to Great Portland Street station. Walk into Regents Park, and the zoo is at the other end of the park.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kings Cross to London Zoo?

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…kingscross-2150.pdf tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/…

The 30 and 205 both go to Great Portland Street station if you want to take the C2 from there.

The 274 from north of King's Cross takes a rather long route through Camden, but if you do take a 17 or 91 you may alight at Copenhagen Street and catch the 274 there. tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/…

Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
39 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kings Cross to London Zoo?

Thank you very much for your quick answers!

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kings Cross to London Zoo?

In my opinion, it's simpler to do the following:

Stand in front of Kings Cross station with the station at your back. Turn right and walk along the main road (Euston Road) until you reach Euston station (takes about 5 minutes to walk there). Catch the 18 bus and get off at Regent's Park. Walk through Regent's Park, following signs to the zoo. One bus, bit of walking, easy peasy.

www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/…

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,626 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kings Cross to London Zoo?

I sometimes take the 18 from Westbourne Terrace up the Harrow Road to the Masons Arms in Kensal Green. But I don't think it goes any nearer the Zoo than Marylebone Road.

www.themasonsarmsnw10.co.uk

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kings Cross to London Zoo?

It's a nice stroll through the park.