We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tube closings

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
295 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Tube closings

I wii be staying near Gloucestor Rd station from Sept 20-27. I've read in a couple posts that both the Circle and District lines have been closed recently for work projects. Anyone know if they will be back in service late September? Any other closings I should be aware of?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tube closings

Hi

Closures at just at the weekend. Full details on link - just hoover over the coloured boxes for full details.

tfl.gov.uk/livetravelnews/…default.aspx

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tube closings

If you go on line to the official website for the tube, I'm sure when you ask for directions it takes any changes into account.

I see that hopstop.com even has LONDON, but I'd rely on the official site.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tube closings

<< Closures at just at the weekend. >> WRONG

The District and Circle lines have been completely closed between Edgware Road and High Street Ken since Saturday 23 July. The good news is that they reopen on Wednesday 24th August.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,130 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tube closings

QuakerBoy, the only closures during your stay will be during the weekend of 24/25 September. On those days, the District and Piccadilly Lines will run as usual through Gloucester Road. However, there will be no Circle Line trains that weekend, and no District/Circle/Hammersmith & City services through Notting Hill Gate, Bayswater, Paddington or Edgware Road. There will be no Northern Line services that weekend between Camden Town and Kennington via Bank, but the service via Charing Cross will run as usual. All other lines within Zone 1 will run as usual.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,907 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tube closings

Since the Piccadilly line runs directly from Gloucester Road to LHR in 30 - 35 minutes (the longer journey to T5), closures on the District line won't have too much of an impact on your travels from and to LHR.

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tube closings

London transport has a tube service update on it's home page (bottom right)

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

ALWAYS check this before travel at the weekend because a lot of tube lines (especially district and circle) have engineering works at the weekend.

7. Re: Tube closings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 03:16