We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Pass

Tallahassee
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
London Pass

My husband and I are traveling to London in March with our 4 kids (10-14) and mom for 5 nights. This is the first visit to London for the kids and we plan to do all the typical tourist attractions. Do you know if the London Pass is worth the money?

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,159 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Pass

Only if the cost of the pass will equal or be less than the admission charges of the places you plan to visit. Be aware that many places have free admission anyway. You'll need to research the admission prices of the sites you want to visit and then do the maths. But have a look at these recent threads to see what forum users have said about the London Pass recently:

tripadvisor.com/…2684909

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k44827…

tripadvisor.com/…2420672

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,232 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Pass

You're the only person who can answer this. You need to list which of the sights you want to see, then go on their websites and see what they would cost you (remembering that all the major museums are free except for some special exhibitions). Then compare that cost to the cost of the London Pass. You could also do a search of this Forum - there's been a lot of discussion about this.

Baltimore, Maryland
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London Pass

One point the London Pass makes is that if there is a QUEUE - you can bypass it. This seems like a GREAT benefit. Can anyone speak to that?

Suzanne

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Pass

Suzanne: Of all the times I've visited London, I can't recall having to stand in any long lines to visit popular attractions, especially museums or churches. So to me it's not a great benefit.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Pass

Onmyway: Depending on time of year and day of week, there may only be a short queue or none at all. And many of the very popular places offer online ticketing, another way to avoid the queue, independent of the London Pass.

Baltimore, Maryland
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London Pass

I must confess that I loathe standing in line. And I'm travelling solo - so I wouldn't have anyone to pass the time with, unless I struck up a conversation with a stranger - which is cool.

I hope there are no lines, but what if? Thanks for your insight.

Suzanne

Baltimore, Maryland
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: London Pass

I will be in London Sunday through Wednesday in early May.

Suzanne

mass
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: London Pass

I am travelling with my husband and 4 kids to London in August and am curious about the London Pass. Did you buy it? Was it worth it and did it save time waiting in line?

Boston...
Level Contributor
345 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Pass

Was the queue jumping worth it?

Was it worth it not having to make sure enough cash was on hand or incurr credit card charges to separately pay for admissions?

Yes, for me it was worth it and hey, I saved $14.00 which is 7.00 GBP or a baguette and lattee at the Upper Crust with change to spare :-)

Chelsea FC tour

28.00 GBP for 2 people = $56.00 USD

Windsor Castle - skipped the long queue and went straight in

28.00 GBP for 2 people = $56.00 USD

Tower of London - skipped the queue (which was long already at 10am) and went straight in AND got 20% off of our lunches in the cafe

32.00 GBP for 2 people = $64.00 USD

Saved 20% of 16.00 GBP during lunch

Hampton Court Palace -

26.00 GBP for 2 people = $52.00 USD

St. Paul's Cathedral - 19.00 GBP for 2 people = $38.00 USD

Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace

16.00 GBP for 2 people = $32.00 USD

Crest - Free Beefeater Bears

2.00 GBP for 2 bears = $4.00 USD

Total for all attractions we visited - $302.00 USD

Total Cost of Pass in USD = $288.00

Total Saved by Pass in USD = $14.00 USD

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,282 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: London Pass

Has anyone else apart from Maggie got value from a Londonpass?