We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

I am here to locate my precious camera which I have lost during my Europe trip on 31 August 2011. I am sure that I havent lost it anywhere in the Europe. I had the camera with me until I reached Dover Port. The camera was lost during the journey from Dover port to Bristol. The trip was arranged by Star Tours and it was a 5 day Europe trip to Belgium, Switzerland, Germany and Paris. It was my Birthday and this trip was my promise to my wife for our anniversary. I have 12 GBs of 1000+ photos in that all lost within the last hours of journey. It could be only lost in either Dover, Wembley, Swindon or In Reading. every efforts to trace my pics or camera will be highly appreciated.

if you get any information about my camera please contact me on am.indrajith@gmail.com

Please could you help me?

London
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

Sounds obvious, but have you reported it to the Police? There are still some honest people around and someone may have handed it in

I ma not sure if you have any travel insurance, but you will need a Police ref anyway if you want to make a claim.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

Thank you Ealing,

Yes I have reported to the police, immobiliser and to the tour company yesterday itself. I have a travel insurance which could cover atleast half of its materialistic cost but I am most concerned about the photos as it has all the memories of our much awaited trip. Wish I could get atleast my memory cards. living on hopes :-(

thank you once more.....Indy

London
Level Contributor
184 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

You can try this website if someone has found your camera and starts posting photos taken with it http://www.stolencamerafinder.com/

Also here:

www.flickr.com/groups/lost_and_found_cameras/

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

And here http://www.ifoundyourcamera.net/

For future reference, take a picture of your name, address, contact details as the first picture on each memory card.

Good luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

Did you have travel Insurance?

We lost (actually forgot) our camera on the BA flight from Pisa - London last year...We had travel insurance from our credit card...

We filed a claim with the Insurance company without any hope of getting anything back. I attached my correspondence with Heathrow and their response that they did not receive the Camera in the lost and found, the price of the camera and the front page of the manual (If receipt not available)...

And after two weeks our account was credited with the full amount we had claimed for! I know lost pictures cannot be reclaimed but getting the full amount of the camera back was sheer happiness.. We then bought a DSLR and were able to capture the magnificent Northern Lights in North Norway! which would have been quite difficult to capture with just a digital camera

Everything happens for a reason, yeah?!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

This is like locking the barn door after the horse is gone, but in future, switch cards for the camera....Dont put all your holiday pix on one card. In fact, if you can, try and upload the pictures to an on-line photo storage place. I know something that travels with a laptop for just that reason.

Agree that name/contact info on first photo stored on card is an excellent idea.

I hope you get a miracle and the camera is returned.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

Thank you bill.. I have checked with stolen camera finder and registerd my camera as stolen. It might take a while them to put a photo in the net for sure but I can wait to that end and will be checking the site regularly....

Thank you Joe..I have also checked the ifoundyourcamera and hope it will be useful in the future

Navnoc, thank you...yes I have travel insurance with it and it covers some of the amount I am sure but as you said the holiday pics that is the one which hurts me...I have some amazing pics captured with it...also some preecious precious pics....:-(

thank you karen...but I never ever store pics in camera...I have taken in different cards but kept in the same camera bag...also all those pics was taken during the holiday trip before I return to my home..some of the photos taken was after waiting for hours to get the right sun light eg mount Titlis in Swiss etc....The first thing I always do is transfer the images from my camera..which I couldnt do this time:-(..hope I will get it back....thanks for the wishes ...

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

Fingers crossed that you will!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

FYI, if you have an ipod/itouch/ipad you can also use that as a storage mechanism for the pics, I download most evenings when on holiday. For next time.....

10. Re: Lost Canon 450 D with Tamron Lens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 13:17