We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Sept 2011 trip Report

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CA
Level Contributor
549 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
London Sept 2011 trip Report

I will be writing my own trip report later (likely when I get home), but her is my wife's posts on our London trip from Sept 2nd to Sept 7th: http://www.cathyscamera.net/?cat=38

Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
696 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Sept 2011 trip Report

Thanks for posting, wonderful stories and comments......now I'm feeling hungry! Looking forward to more

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Sept 2011 trip Report

Those are great photographs. The food shots are terrific but I really like the scenic ones - it's amazing how lush and green the fields are. (The pigs take shelter from the rain in those things but don't stay in them overnight.)

Someone else will be able to identify which regiment the sentry belongs to (and yes, that's a real gun that he's holding). The tour guide at the Tower looks a little familiar, was it this person but with a fully grown beard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeiW_bWZ2Is

Edited: 06 September 2011, 02:14
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,168 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London Sept 2011 trip Report

Very well done. Thank you.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
912 posts
750 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Sept 2011 trip Report

Wonderful photos.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Sept 2011 trip Report

Beautiful!

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,389 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Sept 2011 trip Report

Great pictures! Looking forward to your report

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Sept 2011 trip Report

I clicked on the link and Norton told me in no uncertain terms that this was a malicious website and I was blocked from seeing it!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
289 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Sept 2011 trip Report

>>>> Someone else will be able to identify which regiment the sentry belongs to (and yes, that's a real gun that he's holding).

Easiest way to tell the foot guards regiments apart is to look at their buttons (and the plume on their bearskin - tho you can't see that in the picture) Buttons in pairs = Coldstream Guards, and the medal he is wearing is the Operational Service Medal for Afghanistan.

CA
Level Contributor
549 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Sept 2011 trip Report

Thanks for the Norton heads up. I can assure you there is no intent to be malicious, but intent is not good enough. I had just updated my wife's web site from an outdated Word Press version to the latest version and scrubbed out junk that had gotten there through WordPress exploits.

I signed now signed up with Norton. and their report showed three potential threats (all HTTP Fake AV Redirect Request) in three files in the root directory of the web site. I am right now making sure the files are not there.

My wife also has a blog at wordpress blogs that we will cross post to and I will supply the new link once the posts are there.

After I am sure the three files Norton reported are gone, I resubmit the site for reevaluation to Norton, and they will rescan the site.

Thanks again for the heads up.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,223 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London Sept 2011 trip Report

Brilliant. (Loving the window obsession), you obviously had a great time. Great photos and comments. Looking forward to the trip report.....