We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

musical next weekend

California
Level Contributor
134 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
musical next weekend

I will be in London for one night only next weekend (work trip). I would love to see a musical Saturday night, but I have an earlyish flight back to San Francisco the the next morning. I am close to the Edgeware Rd tube stop. Are there any particular theater locations that would be a quick ride? I am looking at:

Jersey Boys at the Price Edward Theatre

Billy Elliott at Victoria Palace

Legally Blonde - Savoy

I am also open to other theater locations/musicals!

Thanks!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,498 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: musical next weekend

You could take the 436 / N136 bus to and from Victoria for Billy Elliot. Travel time twenty minutes.

"Eletricity"

www.tkts.co.uk

www.theatremonkey.com

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: musical next weekend

As you are at Edgeware Road tube you have the benefit of the Bakerloo underground line that runs near theatreland.

Savoy from Charing Cross

Prince Edward from Piccadilly Circus

Victoria Palace - circle line from Victoria

There doesn't appear to be any engineering works on these lines this weekend that will catch you out.

The three you mention are good choices (it might not be that easy to get tickets for this Saturday night). Be aware there are strong 'Geordie' accents in Billy Elliot which might take you a while to tune into.

Other popular musicals include Mama Mia (thin story line IMO to capture ABBA music) at Prince of Wales; We will Rock (Queen) at Domino; Blood Brothers (strong story line and being going for years) at the Phoenix.

londontheatre.co.uk/londontheatre/…index.htm

Have a great night.

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
456 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: musical next weekend

Blood Brothers is wonderful if you've not seen it (it ran a year or so on Broadway) and may be the easiest to get tickets for on a Saturday night. It's more of a play with songs than a sung-through musical. Staying at Edgware Road, none of the West End theatres are more than 20 minutes or so away.

California
Level Contributor
134 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: musical next weekend

We ended up seeing Billy Elliott and it was wonderful!! We bought tickets at Leicester Square at 155p for a 230p showing. It was the TKTS silver aluminum large kiosk. Tickets were 45 pounds for dress circle seats, regularly 65 pounds. It was a sold out show on a Saturday night (Sep 17th) so although the price seems high, we were lucky to get them! Some colleagues of mine went to a different discount place in Leicester Square, and they were sold out. It was an excellent show, my favorite yet!!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,498 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: musical next weekend

It's always nice when someone reports back.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

California
Level Contributor
134 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: musical next weekend

And thanks for the advice!!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: musical next weekend

>>It's always nice when someone reports back.<<

yes

8. Re: musical next weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 00:17