We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help on transport from London Heathrow T3 to Slough

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
206 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
help on transport from London Heathrow T3 to Slough

Hello

We have accommodation booked at Holiday Inn Slough (right next to train station) and looking to use either Hoppa bus or train to get there. I don't seem to be able to get info on Hoppa bus to that location so my guess is it doesn't go there so then thought the train would be good as the station is right next to hotel. I can't work out how to get there. I emailed the hotel and all they said was Hays and Harington?? Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,618 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help on transport from London Heathrow T3 to Slough

www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/berkshire_thames/

Ther are a number of busses going to the bus station in Slough (which is right next to the train station and hence the HIE although you will still have a bit of a walk.

I presume you mean the HIE on Mill St?

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help on transport from London Heathrow T3 to Slough

Try buses 75 or 76 from Heathrow Central bus station - see firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,897 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help on transport from London Heathrow T3 to Slough

Heathrow doesn't have a National Rail station, and travelling from the airport to Hayes & Harlington then to Slough may be a bit counterproductive.

Rather than take the 140 from the Central Bus Station at LHR T3 to Hayes & Harlington station you might be best taking a taxi from the terminal building to the hotel. Alternately the numbers 75 and 76 from the Central Bus Station will take you to Slough, but you might not want to deal with the buses after a long haul flight. tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/…

The buses take about 30 minutes from the Central Bus Station to Slough Bus Station and run twice an hour. Some local taxi companies to consider are: http://taxi-firms.com/berkshire/slough/

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,627 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help on transport from London Heathrow T3 to Slough

I would also throw in Windsor Cars, which has a flat rate from the airport to the Windsor area (Slough is next over).

http://www.windsorcars.com/

Last I heard it was 15 GBP, although there may be a 1-2 pound charge for bags.

In any case, don't be tempted to take a taxi from the rank at Heathrow--it will cost you about triple.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help on transport from London Heathrow T3 to Slough

Nobody seems to want to tell you about the train via Hayes & Harlington. Just so you have all the facts, you would take the Heathrow Connect to Hayes & Harlington (5 minutes from Heathrow T1 & T3 station), then a First Great Western train to Slough (15 minutes). Total time 30 minutes, with a 10 minute connection at H & H. Fare £8.40.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,147 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: help on transport from London Heathrow T3 to Slough

Good advice, but why are you staying in Slough?

Edited: 11 September 2011, 02:23
7. Re: help on transport from London Heathrow T3 to Slough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 01:16