We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

Is there a budget hotel that is clean and well-managed and also near a tube station?

Something like Tune Hotel Westminster...

Please recommend

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,191 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

Premier Inn

Travelodge

and lots of independents but you would need to specify a tube station/area.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,370 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

How 'budget' is your budget? Travelodge do special offers from time to time where rooms start at £9 per night although they will be slightly dearer for central London. Sign up to their web site www.travelodge.co.uk and you will receive the offer. You have to be quick when they come out as they get snapped up quickly.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,048 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

There are two budget hotel chains that you could try that are often overlooked:

Hotel Formule 1 and Ibis

They both have hotels in London.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,412 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

I like Formule 1 Hotels, don't get me wrong, but the 2 they do have in 'London' are in fact at Barking and at Thurrock, these are a very long way from the centre of London, even though the rates are very good.

hotelformule1.com/gb/…hotels-list.shtml

The most central Ibis Hotel is at St Pancras, but the website is showing a fee of £105 per night - not quite what I would call 'budget' price....

ibishotel.com/gb/…index.shtml

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
742 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

Premier Inn at County Hall - right by the London Eye - is a fantastic hotel, very clean and spacious rooms, great restaurant and bar, around a 5 min walk from the tube station? I think your looking at around £140 a night?

Essex
Level Contributor
28,412 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

AH I see, you are looking for somewhere to stay for the Olympics!!

Well, in that case, Barking could potentially be a 'choice' for you.

Also, considering I think you have discussed your 'budget' on another thread, and have said you are prepared to go up to £250 per night, then perhaps the Ibis might work for you also.

IF only you had said all of this in your OP for this thread, it would save a lot of us a lot of time and 'angst' over this question!

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

I wonder what dates EssexWanderer put in. I am getting £132 for IBIS Euston and only £119 for IBIS London City for 30th September. Also I would have said that the London City one was more central.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,412 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

I didn't put any dates in Mr C I just had a look on both websites to see which London Hotels 'existed' in both chains, those were the prices shown, kind of 'generic' though.

Anyway I have now fathomed out what b-b-b-s really wants - an Hotel for the Olympics, so even the prices you give are going to be irrelevent for next year, eh??

And sorry matt, I kind of feel I owe you an apology! I was 'thrown' rather by b-b-b-s asking for a 'budget' chain but his budget is not quiet what one might normally think!!

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
917 posts
765 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

Holiday inn express can be good value. But all bets off with the Olympics.

I remember visiting Los Angeles in 1984 THREE months after the Olympics and prices were still sky high.

It's called the Olympic effect and I understand it has effected ALL city's that have hosted the games.

We normally visit London in the Autumn but we will wait and see for 2012.

10. Re: Recommend a good budget hotel chain please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 04:16