We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach from Heathrow to Victoria Coach Station

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Coach from Heathrow to Victoria Coach Station

Hi all! I'm heading off on my much anticipated vacation two weeks from today! I had a quick question. I am planning to take a coach from the central coach station at Heathrow to Victoria Coach Station. Do I really need to buy my coach tickets ahead of time, or do you think I can just wait and buy them once I get there? Our plane lands at Terminal 4 at 10:30am on a Friday. Thanks in advance for your help!

London
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Victoria Coach Station

Buy them when you get there, at the National Express Office next to the bus station (which is above the underground station). The coach will not be full, and in fact there will be more passengers getting off the coach than getting on to it.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Victoria Coach Station

I've always bought NE tickets in advance but the coach has never been full, so it might not have been necessary. (except, perhaps, for my own peace of mind)

Sometimes you can get a bit of a deal if you purchase in advance with NE, though.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Victoria Coach Station

I'm assuming your hotel is near the coach station

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,046 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Victoria Coach Station

For this journey I wouldn't buy in advance - I don't even think there is any price advantage if you do.

Be aware that the coach from Heathrow to Victoria is not a dedicated Airport link - you will be travelling on a coach that has travelled from somewhere in the South-West, and its timekeeping will depend on traffic conditions on its journey.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Victoria Coach Station

If you are coming from US also be aware that the formal luggage limit on the bus will be less than the luggage limit on the flight.

(2 bags neither of which should weigh more than 20kg (44 lbs).)

Drivers loading bags don't weigh them and are quite flexible.

But you only need a jobsworth...

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,514 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Victoria Coach Station

"I'm assuming your hotel is near the coach station"

From a previous post, the Luna Simone.

Personally, I'd make that journey by tube to Pimlico (Piccadilly line to Green Park, step free change, then Victoria line to Pimlico, only 9 steps to street), a shorter walk than from the coach station. But that was the topic of a much earlier post.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k43049…

7. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Victoria Coach Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 19:17