We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easyJet, British Air, or??

Texas
Level Contributor
818 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
easyJet, British Air, or??

Please tell me of your on-time and other reliability experience re Easyjet, particularly Madrid to London Gatwick. Or should I take British Air to LGW? Is there another low-cost carrier I should consider? It would be for 5/2, so I need to purchase soon. Thank you for your help.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: easyJet, British Air, or??

Whoever gets you there more cheaply and has the best flight departure/arrival times, I would say.

Easy Jet has a rather stingy luggage allowance( 20K I think).

BA has a habit of just loosing the luggage.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,332 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easyJet, British Air, or??

For reviews of many airlines (including BA and easyJet), have a look at www.airlinequality.com. Some pax have no problems with easyJet or other low cost carriers, but other people find them less than ideal.

If a BA (don't mean to be a fusspot, but it's never ever British Air, always British Airways or BA) fare is within £30 of a low cost carrier fare, I'd go BA - I believe you can fly to MAD from LHR as well as LGW. Some flights might code-share with Iberia, but for a short flight it'd be an all right trip.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: easyJet, British Air, or??

I have to second the comment about not calling it British Air. Thats one of those annoying incorrect things Americans have a tendancy to say, like refering to the United Kingdom as "Great Britain".

Realistically there will be almost zero difference between Easyjet and BA on this route aside from a free drink and a snack on BA. Not really worth paying a huge ammount extra for.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: easyJet, British Air, or??

BA make the best tea.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: easyJet, British Air, or??

with BA you'll get free alcohol, possible leather type seat's (we did going to Almeria)and they don't charge extra for things like golf club's. You can do the fast check-in online and print off your own boarding passes and choose seat's online, then once at the airport you can just use the fast drop lane for your cases.