We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

Level Contributor
110 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
"BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

Hopefully the experts on this forum can help with booking Eurostar from London to Paris...Have been trying to book online with Eurostar and when it asks

for country of origin I keep pressing Australia from the drop down box and each time I re check all the details to confirm the booking BANGLDESH is always coming up. I have repeatedly tried to change it but it keeps going back to Bangladesh..Can anyone help..or would I be best to book with Rail Plus here in Melbourne..Thanks to all who respond to my question.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,047 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

You need to clear cookies from your browser and start again. The Eurostar website is very cookie-happy, and in order to change countries you need to eliminate all trace of visits to the site and start with a clean slate (as it were).

You can if you wish book at the UK page, where prices will be shown in £. But the Australian based page has prices in €, so if that exchange rate is better then clear those cookies and have a go at booking from Australia.

Level Contributor
110 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

Thankyou Traveller Plus.. you certainly have all the information.I am not very computer literate so will have to wait for the Grandaughter to clear the cookies for me..I am booking this part of her trip for her as a Xmas present..

UK
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

What a lovely grandmother

In case of urgency assuming one has a good open browser try this if still using Internet Explorer log onto http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

it is simplicity itself therafter. I am not computer literate just follow dialogue boxes.

As the Australian dollar is so strong might be advantageous to go via Sterling. If have minute will check for you . Just returned from trip to Paris

still enthralling .Hope have happy trip there Regmaiche

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

its often the case with booking pages that some browsers are less compatible than others. try using a different browser. if you are using a version of firefox try using internet explorer instead or vice versa.

Level Contributor
110 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

Thanks for the replies...Just booked with Railplus Aus...Price was Aus$112 P..Person one way..Have booked 3 seats thought the price was reasonable. I still have to book return for myself leaving Grandaughter and her boyfriend in Paris. They will then fly to Berlin for 5 nites then to Barcelona and back to the U.K.. It is my Xmas present for Grandaughter..But I am doing all the bookings for us...What a job..Learning so much ..Once again Thanks for advice ....

Regards Barb

UK
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

If you stick with Firefox the learning curve will be much easier

IE needs later operating system than most have.

Last night in Paris could stay at Hotel directly opposite Gare du Nord for convenience return. Happy hols regmaiche

Level Contributor
110 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

Hi Regmaiche,,Thankyou I have booked 3 blocks from Station I am thinking of my self the kids can catch a cab to the airport..Been to Paris a couple of times before but the kids are going for the first time....They are leaving everything up to me with bookings etc. We will meet up again on Jan 14th to fly back to Melbourne. Any suggestions for last two nites accom flying out from Heathrow 9am 16th Jan..Haven't got details with me at the moment but the kids want to do last minute shopping in London.....Barb ( will check which Terminal when I get home tonite but think it is 4.....Regards Barb

UK
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

Hi Barb

I only mentioned the bit about G du N station as some people say it is a poor location it isn't the 8eme but perfectly safe .Re London shopping around that time sales will still be on - likely to be a blood bath for shoppers. Here are a few places I recommend starting with those where credit card is in sickly state to those healthyPrimark River island Zara Selfridges all around Oxford street.

Then pick up no 15 keep your back to S and bus will go indirection of your left hand going to Picadilly - go to your left exit bus cross the road short cut down Swallow Street cross the road down alley way by Waterstones Book shop - arrive Jermyn street {a sort of miniature Rue Fauborg St Honore] Pretty well most things even perfumes .again lux to everyday

For ladies Emma Willis. For men Turnbull & Asser -Lewins

Tyrrwhite. All got web sites I'd be surprised if 50% discount was the most! Generally last few years I only buy in sales.

Plenty of places for lunch from sandwich bars to restaurants -avoid Wiltons food good - over priced -where our Members of Parliament are wined by spin doctors ! Set lunch at Fortnums not bad. Equivalent in many ways of Fauchon Paris. Francos restaurant good.Excellent sandwiches at cafe short way down Duke street. Still looking? exit Fortnums cross road go to left - 50 yards Burlington Arcade sadly soon to be messed about as bought over so good bye to little shops in place instead usual transnationals Gucci etc. So see it b efore all change to Dubai syndrome

Re Heathrow am no expert - it has been a disaster area for years so only used once recently when had to - friends use Europe as hub Schipol or anything rather than H but I have been on the direct from Paddington to H 'row. There are plenty of Australians Americans who can advise re

this part from up to date personal experience. for which there is no substitute Personally I often stay the night before at an Airport hotel unless I get a flight going at say 11.AM, but then am indolent any help hope so. Happy hols regmaiche

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,047 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

'Heathrow ... has been a disaster area for years ...'

Bollocks.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "BANGLADESH" Problems with online Eurostar booking for Londo

^^ My word TP, strong language there from a Lady, but I tend to agree with your sentiment !! Heathrow operates remarkably well overall, and is improving all the time. Long may it continue.