We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how early would you book hotels for a feburary trip?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
73 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
how early would you book hotels for a feburary trip?

I am planning for a feburary 2012 trip to the UK. How early would you usually start booking the hotels and tickets for a trip like this?

It is not yet the Olympic and Jubilee rush yet, and as with all early bookings I am dreadfully fearful of changes in plans and lost of money in cancellations.

EDIT: oh yeah, if it helps, I'm currently looking to book the Arosfa Hotel, although of course others are also fine

Edited: 20 October 2011, 03:28
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,358 Reviews
from US$131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,128 Reviews
from US$139.80*
US$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
515 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$349.20*
Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how early would you book hotels for a feburary trip?

I booked my apartment for March in early August, but then again I like to sort everything as quickly as possible...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
73 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how early would you book hotels for a feburary trip?

Woo, quite true... If only just so I could STOP looking at london hotel reviews and trying to figure out which of the ten thousand hotels is best for me.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,468 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how early would you book hotels for a feburary trip?

The Arosfa is a very good small hotel, one I'd be happy to visit again.

I'll be back in London in February and March next year and have been in negotations with the owner of a short stay flat since last summer; all I need to do is confirm the dates of my holiday with my employer before agreeing the booking.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,947 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how early would you book hotels for a feburary trip?

I would book a hotel now, provided it had a good cancellation policy, just in case.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
669 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how early would you book hotels for a feburary trip?

Yes, there is no reason to wait. As Ailidh wrote, just make sure it has a good cancellation policy if you find something you prefer or find better prices! It is one of the first things I do when I have dates settled for a trip (or close thereto).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how early would you book hotels for a feburary trip?

I agree with the advice already given. I always book when I have dates set, but then again I never pre-pay for hotels. If there is a decent cancellation policy, I can't see any reason not to book now. You can always change a reservation if you find somewhere else you'd like to stay!

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how early would you book hotels for a feburary trip?

If you want the Arosfa specifically I'd book it now to avoid being disapointed.

February in general is a slack month and there will be on past performance be a lot of 4 stars offloading rooms below that of the Arosfa rates mid January for February.

8. Re: how early would you book hotels for a feburary trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 12:18