We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

Hi

Looking for a reliable company for airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster. Thought this would be best option as travelling with brother who is in a wheelchair. Had a look at some websites - Hummingbird cars and London Heathrow cars but there were some mixed reviews.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Westminster
Westminster
4,280 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
Burgess Hill
Level Contributor
320 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

At work we use "Radio Taxis" for passengers in wheelcharis. They are very good, but not cheap.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,047 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

Where are you going in Westminster?

Mentioned in this post
Westminster
Westminster
4,280 Reviews
London, UK
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look at radio taxis website.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

Going to Mint Hotel, John Islip Street

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,468 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

Radio Taxis are black cabs, which are likely to cost more than a private car service.

JustAirports can offer an MPV from LHR to SW1 for £46 - www.justairports.com to make a booking. Have a look at www.expressways.co.uk as their rates should be in line with those from Just. A pre-booked black cab from LHR to John Islip Street will cost perhaps £65 - 70.

Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

Just got back from London. There were 7 of us (adults) so we needed more than a minivan. We used Hummingbird Cars and were VERY satisfied! They called my cell phone AND emailed the day before the arrival at Heathrow, to reconfirm (and did the same thing the day before we were to get picked up at our hotel for the return trip to Heathrow.) They were early both times: waiting for us when we were ready to go. The minibus (8 passenger) was very nice, with plenty of room. They were also BY FAR the CHEAPEST of any of the services I contacted. I got maybe a dozen quotes from different firms, and Hummingbird Cars were the cheapest. I can't recommend them enough. We'll use them again in December!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

Thanks for the feedback. Used Hummingbird cars. Would certainly recommend. On time at airport when we arrived and at hotel for return journey. Also got telephone calls the day before to confirm our bookings. Very reasonable prices. Could either choose to pay upfront or pay driver on the day. Very happy with service.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

Hummingbird Airport Taxi:

Booked online via chat:

Pros:

cheap gbp 37 City to LHR

pay driver,no need for CC info

confirmation by email

night before booked trip,called to confirm

prompt(in fact 10 min early)

courteous driver,careful and helped with luggages(tip given,sort of expected)

Cons:

Driver ?pretended not to know booked price,though when paid GBP37 did not say its too little or too much.

Verdict:: RECOMMEND

much better and cheaperthan justairports which we tried 4 years back

Edited: 21 March 2012, 15:48
Connecticut
Level Contributor
56 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

I'm a single person traveling and would like ride/taxi to a hotel (which isn't booked yet)...should I just take a taxi form the aiport or book Hummingbird?

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport transfer from Heathrow to Westminster

susanod, you might do better to start your own thread as people might think this one has served its purpose. However, it is generally said that pre-booked services are substantially less expensive than taxis you hail at the airport. But once you know where you are staying, you may find that the coach or even the Tube is preferable. It may sound intimidating, but the difference between, oh, 40 GBP and 5 or 6 GBP supplies a lot of courage for me!