We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

east london nightlife

connaught
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
east london nightlife

where is good to go out in east london on thur, fri and sat nite? early to mid 20s scene thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,047 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: east london nightlife

Most of the action takes place along Brick Lane and in Shoreditch/Hoxton - there are loads of bars, so feel free to wander round.

My 20's were more years ago that I care to admit to, so I'll leave it to others for particular recommendations!

Edited: 07 November 2011, 13:42
Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: east london nightlife

East London covers a big area. Those in the inner parts are likely to make their way to Hoxton, where the big, late clubs are to be found, though if they have to take a Tube or bus anyway they may decide simply to go to the West End (most likely Soho and Covent Garden). Those in outer areas who don't want to make their way into town will probably go to a local pub (The Cuckfield on Wanstead High Street is popular with affluent twenty-somethings, and there are a few good pubs in Stratford), but you have not mentioned your location so it's difficult to say which places would be most convenient for you. If you do decide to go into central London and want to stay out into the small hours, there is a good selection of night buses to get you home cheaply.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: east london nightlife

Shorditch, hoxton and dalston....too many bars and clubs to mention!

London
Level Contributor
838 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: east london nightlife

Have a look at this time out page.... Shoreditch (which in this instance would include Hoxton; Old Street; Brick Lane etc...) is the place where you will probably want to head

timeout.com/london/…shoreditch-area-guide

London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: east london nightlife

I agree, Shoreditch and Hoxton are one of my favourite places to go out, not Dalston though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: east london nightlife

You should venture up to dalston, almost as busy as shorditch

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: east london nightlife

Do you mean east London or the East End ? Considerable difference.

East London try Ilford or Romford, although Brentwood has suddenly become the place to go. Something to do with a pretend "reality" TV show.

The East End has been covered in the previous posts.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: east london nightlife

Romford and brentwood is Essex? Coming from mile end I would consider east London and the east end the same thing.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: east london nightlife

The 'East End' is historically a much smaller area within inner London than East London, which could be anywhere in the eastern side of Greater London. I doubt if people in Wanstead, Woodford or Chigwell would see themselves as living in the East End!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: east london nightlife

I would call those areas north east suburbs, I live in s woodford now.