We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing play tickets in advance

Illinois
Level Contributor
436 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Purchasing play tickets in advance

We plan to see the play Blood Brothers in April while visiting London, and we are considering purchasing our tickets online prior to our visit. I have seen the play before, and I am aware how expensive good tickets can be. There are some really good prices online, and I simply want to order the tickets and be done with it. The theater will hold our tickets, and all we have to do is pick them up when we arrive for the play. I doubt if I would order them this early, but if the price is right within the next few months, I would like to order them online.

Although I have never used an online website for tickets, I was wondering if anyone else has?.....and would you recommend it?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,355 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing play tickets in advance

I've used the theater's online ticket facility, which can often redirect to an online vendor like SeeTickets. They have been fine, will-call has also never been a problem.

Note that Blood Brothers is covered by the 2 for 1 offers. It only applies to the top price £60.00 seats, but for 2 people it's a 50% discount. And it does apply to advance ordered tickets (only).

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/blood-brothers

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing play tickets in advance

To take advantage of the 2-4-1 offer you need valid train tickets covering the date of performance. These can either be rail tickets in and out of London or travelcards which cover travel within London (bus, tube, train, etc), but they must be bought from a train (not tube) station. See link top right of this page for more info.

You don't need to rail/travelcard tickets to make the advance theatre booking, but must have them with you when you pick up the tickets.

Alta, Norway
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing play tickets in advance

I see a ton of theatre every time I'm in London and with very few exceptions always book online well in advance.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing play tickets in advance

have purchased theatre tix online several times, pick up at will-call, no problems

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purchasing play tickets in advance

Just to be sure have ID with you and preferably the credit card you have booked with as well as your confirmation printout. I have never had any problems with on line booking for various shows.

Illinois
Level Contributor
436 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purchasing play tickets in advance

Thank You to all for your posts!

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
912 posts
764 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purchasing play tickets in advance

I have used online bookings every year I have visited London. Never had a problem.

If you REALLY want to see a particular play you should book as early as possible.

When on London you can always pick up good priced tickets for other things.

8. Re: Purchasing play tickets in advance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2012, 05:18