We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Airport

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow Airport

Hello,

I am planning a trip next January and the connection would be via London Heathrow airport. As have been mostly to Luton and Gatwick, would ask if there is a huge distance between different terminals. As might need special assistance. The various airlinebookings do not always mention which terminal.

thank you.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,714 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Airport

heathrowairport.com/portal/…

Scroll down the page for info on special assistance.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,906 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Airport

It would be useful if you can let us know details of your proposed flights - times, airline(s), whether both flights will be on a single through ticket (recommended) or separate tickets (not recommended).

I'm personally not a big fan of transferring at Heathrow, but if the schedules and terminals are ok you may well be fine.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,212 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Airport

The Heathrow airport website will have all the necessary information but it can be hard work to navigate around so start there and if you are still having problems then please come back here with more details (airlines, timings etc) so we can help you further.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/

If you book a through ticket then you should transfer airside and your luggage will be checked through to your final destination but if your journey is on two separate tickets then you will possibly have to deal with immigration and transfer landside, something that can take some considerable time. It could also leave you stranded should you miss your connection due to bad weather, not uncommon in the winter.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Airport

Heathrow is a big airport but I've never found it difficult to navigate, there's signs everywhere and info desks if you have any problems.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Airport

If you need special assistance, then with the single exception an all-BA flight where its almost certain to be all in one terminal (post your routes here to be sure) I strongly suggest you look at a different airport, perhaps Amsterdam (depends where you are going of course which you dont say).

The terminals are all a bus ride or train ride apart depending how you transfer.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow Airport

thanks parklandwalk - did chech now the airport website page.

As my travel plan includes a flight from Finland, via London, connecting to another European city, I found suitable flights only via Heathrow.

Tickets now booked as yet, too early, but involve two different airlines, and booking must be made separately, so what I feared will be checking luggage in / out, also airport security checks all again! Uhh !

Thanks again for your valuable assistance, will contact tripadvisors again when closer to my trip.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow Airport

Thanks again for your valuable assistance

===========

You dont seem to have taken notice of anyones assistance !

You really should have asked here first about routes in case someone knew something you didnt, because you have booked the worst possible combination for a connection, and for icing on the cake separate tickets is asking for trouble. How much time have you allowed between flights?

Ps looking again, did you mean "tickets NOT booked"? In which case is your wish to fly Athens-Finland and if so where in Finland? Anyway if you haven't booked, post your route.

Edited: 20 November 2011, 09:23
8. Re: Heathrow Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2012, 10:19