We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where's a good place to stay in london

singapore
Level Contributor
38 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
where's a good place to stay in london

hi guys! i'll be arriving in london next year march 30th and will leave on the 2nd april. i'm looking at a couple of airbnb rooms, one in earls court and the other in westminster. which do you think is a better option? or if you have any idea of anywhere else that is better.

i of course wanna do some touristy stuff, like museums and palace. shopping and eating. i'll be meeting up with some friends for dinner and drinks and a night out in clapham.

this is not my first time in london, i've previously lived in london for 6 months as student. but i never realise how expensive everything is until i'm planning a 4 days trip to visit. so i definitely need some help from you londoners and fellow travelers!

thanks in advance!

Borough Market
Flea & Street Markets
Camden Market
Flea & Street Markets,
Covent Garden
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks,
Maltby Street Market
Flea & Street Markets
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where's a good place to stay in london

Having lived in London for quite a number of years, but a long time ago, I would suggest you check the local attractions locations, and how to reach them easily. Personally would stay in Earl's Court area, it has more character as a district compared to Westminster.

Enjoy your stroll in Clapham Common !

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,968 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where's a good place to stay in london

It would help to know exactly where the two rooms are as Westminster could mean anywhere within the Borough which covers a vast area, parts of which are less than nice whilst others are among some of the best addresses in the country.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where's a good place to stay in london

Hi there

I love staying in the Trafalgar Square area. It's great for seeing some of the sites.

Kind Regards

Merran

singapore
Level Contributor
38 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where's a good place to stay in london

@morocco, thanks for the tip. i too think earls court is a charming area!

@adamhornets, the apartment in earls court is 2mins walk away from the tube located in earls court square. the other is located in millbank, westminster and the neartest tube station at pimlico. what do you think?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,968 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where's a good place to stay in london

I think Earls Court will have more facilities (shops, pubs, restaurants etc) within a short walk but Millbank is the nicer (as in pleasant) location although it can feel a bit isolated considering how central it is with limited useful bus routes and just one tube line (Victoria) within walking distance.

6. Re: where's a good place to stay in london

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:42