We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earls Court to St. Pancras

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
464 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Earls Court to St. Pancras

At first I was thinking about staying at a hotel around St.Pancras but I found the Easy Hotel Earls court for more than half price. I was just wondering what would be the easiest way of getting from the easy hotel to st pancras for an early morning train to paris? Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,170 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earls Court to St. Pancras

The Piccadilly line runs from Earl's Court station to King's Cross, adjacent to St Pancras. The Underground journey takes about 25 minutes and requires no change of train.

But until March next year there is no lift access to and from the Earl's Court Road ticket hall to the Piccadilly line platforms.

If you stay at the easyHotel in Lexham Gardens you'll have a five to seven minute walk from hotel to the Underground station then stairs to negotiate: about 28 from the ticket hall down to the District line platforms, then an escalator and about a dozen steps more down to the Piccadilly line platform.

The walk from King's Cross to Eurostar departures will take about five to ten minutes; there is just one escalator up from the Piccadilly line platforms at KX then a lift (if need be) at St Pancras from the Underground level to the main concourse.

Bear in mind that some easyHotel rooms have no windows; you'll pay extra if you wish to watch television or have housekeeping service.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
464 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earls Court to St. Pancras

I'm going in July so I still have plenty of time, but I want to book my hotels as soon as I can. I believe the earliest Eurostar departure is at 5:40AM this means I would probably have to leave the hotel around 4:15-4:30 in the morning, do you happen to know if the tube runs that early?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,170 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earls Court to St. Pancras

The first Piccadilly line train from Earl's Court is at 0539, much too late for a very early Eurostar departure. You'll need to take the N74 Night bus towards Baker Street from stop G- about two minutes' walk from the easyHotel - to Marble Arch, then pick up a 10 towards King's Cross or 390 towards Archway (if not one of the Night buses) to St Pancras - see the links below.

The bus journey will take about 40 minutes. You'll need to be at St Pancras no later than 0500 for the 0540 departure as pax must be checked in (including passport control) at least 30 minutes before departure

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…earlscourt-2070.pdf

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…marblearchdr-2168.pdf

…tfl.gov.uk/user/AHF/TLJJP15P1__00004025.pdf

…tfl.gov.uk/user/AHF/TLJJP15P1__000054d5.pdf

…tfl.gov.uk/user/AHF/TLJJP15P1__00006e72.pdf

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
464 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Earls Court to St. Pancras

thank you very much for the informative responses.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
464 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earls Court to St. Pancras

sorry double post

Edited: 28 December 2011, 08:28
Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
464 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Earls Court to St. Pancras

Just one last thing, when I get off at the Marble Arch stop, what bus stop number will that be? And what bus stop should I get to in order to jump on the 10 or 390? I can't figure it out from the map.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
464 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Earls Court to St. Pancras

From what I have been able to see it looks like the N74 will take me to bus stop W in Marble Arch. And the number 10 bus will pick me from there as well. Is this right? Thanks again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Earls Court to St. Pancras

If you don't fancy a bus there are a couple of 24/7 license mini cab offices in Earls Court which wouild get you to St Pancras for about £15 or so - preferable perhaps to some than getting a bus.

Do you really need to get such an early train? Doing so means getting up at, say, 4:15am at the latest, and when you arrive in Paris at around 9am local time you might then have to wait 3 or more hours before you can check into your hotel.

Last time we went we got a train leaving around 8.30 (felt much less tired), and arrived and checked into our hotel mid-day and felt refreshed enough to go straight out sightseeing.

Just a thought

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
464 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Earls Court to St. Pancras

Thats a possibility to catch a later train. We're only staying a couple of hours in Paris though and I think the last train leaves Paris at around 9 pm. So I wanted to leave as much time as possible to wander. But it may be a good idea to leave a little later.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,184 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Earls Court to St. Pancras

I would not want to arrive in Paris around 8.30 to 9am. I would try and arrive after 9.30 or 10 which would be plenty of time to wander and get into things (which I assume won't open till about 9.30 or 10 anyway).

Eurostar services are pretty frequent so you should be able to find a train time which would allow you to get the tube direct and avoid a lot of faffing about waiting for buses or paying for minicab.