We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
882 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

Only a brief visit to London for our first visit to Europe but I hope the report might be helpful to new visitors. If there are any questions or comments, fire away! :-)

…blogspot.com/2011/12/first-visit-to-europe-…

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

What a great account of your travels, and the mix up about 'We Will Rock You' made me chuckle - how long did it take to realise something was wrong? :-) Please do do a review of Hotel Montana on its own Trip Advisor because their treatment of you was completely unacceptable and perhaps their management will read it.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

Your 2 best meals in London were at the airport and in an Aberdeen Steak House? That's unusual. (By the way, how did you find out your driver was Iraqi?)

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

I meant you should review Hotel Montana on its own Trip Advisor page, where their management will see it. Why couldn't they have changed your roomr the next day?

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

Just a little comment (niggle), the photo of London Bridge is actually Tower Bridge.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
882 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

Glyn1: Yes, the best meal was at the airport! How funny is that?. The breakfast at Angus steakhouse wasn't the best meal, it was just a meal in a tourist area (though I was happy to try an English breakfast). :-)

My driver told me he was Iraqi when I asked him where he was from. He also said he missed Iraq but said he couldn't live there in troubled times as it is now. He is a father with his wife & three children living in West London. Curious why you ask? Our other driver was from Sri Lanka who had a brother in Canada. His English was better! He spent a lot of time talking to my son about London traffic tickets. :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
882 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

Hooameye: I'll correct that! Thank you! :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
882 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

Glyn1: "the mix up about 'We Will Rock You' made me chuckle - how long did it take to realise something was wrong?"

About two Queen songs in I think I realized. I didn't know the name of the show until I looked at our tickets back in the hotel room later...I have to admit, if it was something else - something I didn't want to see, I would have been extremely upset about it!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

Thanks for taking the time to write the report.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
356 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

Great trip report (and photos) loved hearing about Barcelona too! thank you for posting!

Do you remember the name of the company that you booked the Harry Potter tour with?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
882 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report - Nov. 22 - 24th...

Hi SwimMom. Thank you for the compliment. I don't know the tour company name but I booked it through Viator. I have used them many times in different cities and they seem to always use top notch tour companies...you can google for discounts. I usually get 7% off when I find the discount.

viator.com/tours/…d737-5227POTTER