We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

I am looking at booking London Lodge hotel and the cheapest on offer was through an on line booking site called 'easy to book'. It comes up regularly on the search function on TA so I'm fairly certain it must be kosher but I would welcome any feedback from people who have booked through them. They are offering a 'free cancellation' which is attractive to me at the moment as i am still in the planning stage. If anyone has had to cancel a booking with them i would be interested to know if they had any problems in doing so (particularly if the booking was made with a free cancellation clause).

Thanking everyone in advance.

119 replies to this topic
NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

Yes, I used the site to book a hotel in Berlin last year. I found them via the Hotels Combined website which had "verified" Easy to Book as being legitimate (I use HC a lot for comparing hotel rates) and the rate was extremely good compared with all of the other sites that I'd looked at, so I went ahead and booked. Confirmation came through promptly.

A few days later, I received an email from ETB saying that a mistake had been made with the rate ("due to a technical error") and that the hotel was unable to honour it but I could have the room for a much higher price - twice the rate that I'd booked! Needless to say, we cancelled our reservation - and the cancellation went through without a hitch.

This is the only dealing that I've had with them, so I'm not saying that it is a regular occurrence - but it is something to bear in mind. I don't know whether it was ETB's error or the hotel's, but I thought that it was a bit unprofessional.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,585 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

>>It comes up regularly on the search function on TA so I'm fairly certain it must be kosher<<

I've had no dealings with this company, so I can't vouch either way. But, booking agents who "come up" on search engines (including TA) pay to get on the engine. It's basically advertising.

So, it's no guarantee that they're "kosher". Indeed, at least one booking agent that comes up on the TA flight search engine frequently comes in for scathing criticism on the air travel forum.

So, I'd keep on researching them. I'd treat the above post #1 as a yellow flag. Good luck.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

Hi yes I booked several hotels thru Easy to Book for my trip in 2010. Booked hotels in Rome and Paris and changed my mind about the Paris one so cancelled that and rebooked a different one. No problems at all. No monies went missing from my account and paid the hotel when there. Was a good experience.

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

Thanks for your advice everyone.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

Hi

Yep, I've used EasytoBook also for Paris and Rome hotels and made cancellations through them with no issue whatsoever.

I'd take a print out of your copy of your booking confirmation with you as one hotel in Paris claimed that breakfast wasn't included in the rate whereas my confirmation had it included in black and white. Not that this was necessarily an issue with the site and more with the hotel advertising the wrong rates!

Anyways, I wouldn't hestitate to use EasytoBook again.

6. Re: Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 January 2012, 16:05

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,157 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

Post 6 reported as self promotion

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

I also booked a room for three nights in NYC.

Unfortunately we had to cancel the booking. Cancellation condition said: if you cancel earlier than 5 days before arrival, you will get all money back.

we cancelled 4 weeks before arrival, but easytobook refunded only two nights. We have been for two months in discussion with them, they have agreed to their mistake, but we are still waiting for the refund of the third night.

So pay attention!!!

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

We booked with Easy to Book also for a stay in LA and were enticed by the "Refundable Deal - Free Cancellation" offer which was clearly stated. We have subsequently cancelled our accomodation 4 months in advance and they have charged us the first nights' payment for 2 rooms of $350 and refusing to pay this back despite us booking under the free cancellation offer. I would very strongly caution against booking with Easy to Book.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?

We booked with Easy to Book also for a stay in LA and were enticed by the "Refundable Deal - Free Cancellation" offer which was clearly stated. We have subsequently cancelled our accomodation 4 months in advance and they have charged us the first nights' payment for 2 rooms of $350 and refusing to pay this back despite us booking under the free cancellation offer. I would very strongly caution against booking with Easy to Book.

Reply to: Has anyone booked hotels with 'easy to book' ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted