We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

london

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
london

can someone advise me on travel to london , iam thnking of flying from glasgow to stanstead as its the cheapest ,but how do i get to the heart of london where i want to see a show and book a reasonable priced hotel any suggestions for a hotel would be good to ,also what is the traveling time to the heart of london from stanstead airport, any informaton on london would be grateful as i have never been before and dont have a clue where to go or how to get to places, any info would be great thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,019 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: london

These sites have all the info to kick you off:

http://www.visitlondon.com/

http://www.stanstedairport.com/

As far as airports go Luton, Gatwick or Heathrow probably end up cheapest and easiest by the time you take transfers and convenience into account.

glasgow
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: london

is euston train station more nearer to london theatre area if not how far , can anyone recomend a reasonable price hotel to stay in for a couple of days thats not too far from the theatre land, and the best place to purchase theatre tickets

London
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: london

Staying near Euston will get you on the Northern Line straight to Leicester Sq - right in the heart of the westend.

If there are specific shows you really want to watch, best to book in advance otherwise, if you are open, you can try the TKTS office in Leicester Sq itself for discounted tickets.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
280 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: london

Hi Scobbydo

We're going from Glasgow too and are going by train to Euston. I do go to London for work and would always take the train over the plane. Also you can get some good deals on trains and can upgrade for £15 on weekends. You also don't need to worry about luggage limits and taking liquids through security! It's also not that much longer a journey all things considered.

For a decent price hotel I would look at Travelodge. If you are staying more than one night it may be cheaper to book each night individually. They allow this on the website.

Hope that helps!!

glasgow
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: london

thanks chutneyrama , the plan is to take hubby for 50th birthday never been to london and dont know the best place to stay , thinking i would like to travel on 15th (sun) april and see a show ie shrek on the monday his birhday and leave on the wednesday , yes i fancy the train to go looked at the virgin site but my dates where not on the site yet to see prices, also as you are leaving from glasgow is this the right station to go to euston , also i was looking at st gilies hotel and the cheapest i could find was £345 for those dates with no breakfast am i better with a travel lodge for a better price and to be near all things like theatres.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: london

Please don't think me rude but you would get more help if you used full stops and paragraphs. It was hard work to decipher your plans and questions.

Train fares for your dates should be loaded some time in the next ten days and if you time it right then return fares from Glasgow to Euston start from as little as £57.

The St Giles is in a great location but is pretty basic for a full service hotel. I am sure you can find better rates though by using late booking sites. The Travelodge Covent Garden might work out even better as you can easily walk to the Theatre Royal Drury Lane where Shrek is playing. Again though there are nicer hotels - if you do book then try for an upper floor room in the newer building on Holborn.

glasgow
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: london

re- adamhornets

Thankyou for your usefull advice,but you seem to answer all my questions for someone who could not understand my post, i was not aware i was sitting a english exam, but never the less you always get nit pickers , just stick to being helpful its only TRIP ADVISOR not a higher english essay.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: london

No, really, Adamhornets is right. It is very difficult to read a load of text without punctuation. It's not an English exam but it is helpful to us if we can understand your questions.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: london

You clearly do think me rude but I was truly trying to help you. The point I was trying to make is that others who could easily have offered you help may have chosen not to because of the difficulty in comprehending your requirements. They would just have moved on and answered more easily understood questions.

This forum is indeed not a exam but communication is key to getting the most out of it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,396 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: london

You wonder why you bother sometimes, don't you?