We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which musical

sunderland
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Topic
which musical

Has anyone seen woman in black, ghost the musical or Billy elliott can only see one and wondering if anyone has seen all three , oh sorry and one other wicked. I realise all different wish could see them all but any advice appreciated.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,635 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which musical

The only one I've seen is Wicked, which I've seen 3 times. I really enjoyed it. If you want a big, elaborate, fun musical, I'd recommend it. I don't think Woman in Black is a musical, is it?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
1,772 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which musical

Woman in Black is not a musical but an eerie play.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,000 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which musical

Woman in Black is a ghost story whereas Ghost is a musical and The Woman in White was a musical!

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which musical

I've only seen Woman in Black play out of your selection above and it's a brilliant ghost story.Quite scary I thought!!and I'm hoping to see it again sometime soon.I loved it.....as for musicals,my fav is Les Mis,but it's not you're all singing and dancing musical,a sad story but fantastic to watch and quite emotional.From the musicals you mentioned,I would like to see Billy Elliot rather than the others......

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which musical

Sorry, I haven't seen all four, but I have seen Wicked (once) and Billy Elliott (three times). Both were excellent, but I preferred Billy Elliott. I liked the music better, and the dancing was amazing. You wouldn't go wrong with either of those two, IMHO.

Edited: 23 January 2012, 18:47
Virginia
Level Contributor
591 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which musical

We saw both Wicked & Billy Elliott. Wicked was very good but I really loved Billy Elliott. You'll enjoy whichever one you decide on. But one note on Wicked. We happened to see it at a weekend matinee & the performance was loaded with kids. The kids were loving it but their excitement was a little distracting at times.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,089 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: which musical

I remember you previously seeking advice on Billy. As it's still on your mind, take this opportunity and go see.

"Electricity."

London, England
Level Contributor
190 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which musical

I've not seen the Woman in Black but have seen the other three. I would place Ghost and Billy Elliot equal and ahead of Wicked but I think you'd enjoy any of them.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which musical

Mrs joe came back raving the other day about how good Shrek was, apparently its *very* similar to the film so if you liked that you'd love Shrek. More emphasis on the story and special effects than music though.

The only "music" in WIB is people screaming, as its a very scary play ! Well worth seeing but its not a musical in any way, shape or form.

sunderland
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: which musical

we visited in july and were undecided between Billy elliott or the Jersey boys the latter won and was superb, think its between Billy and Ghost sorry yes did realise one was a ghost story as well.