We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Room # or Apartment # at Athenaeum

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best Room # or Apartment # at Athenaeum

Which rooms would you suggests for a family of 3.

2 Adults and 1 child (15 years of age). We want a quiet room without street noise and elevator noise. Do you have a room name or number for either? This way I can be specifc when speaking to the hotel representative.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Room # or Apartment # at Athenaeum

How long R U staying? They have short- and long-stay facilities (not necessarily in the main hotel). The also have "family stay" rooms.

Have you checked the reviews on TA? If you see comments on particularly good rooms, you could always PM and ask.

Best guess is a room that does NOT overlook a main street..If you are in main hotel that'd be NOT on Park Lane or Picadilly.

The hotel's website is good. Neat map showing location.

This is page with "family" information:

athenaeumhotel.com/families/rooms__apartment…

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Room # or Apartment # at Athenaeum

The Athenaeum has excellent service and if you simply describe your requirements to them I'm sure they won't have a problem coming up with something suitable for you.

No part of the hotel overlooks Park Lane so that's not something you need to worry about.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,220 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Room # or Apartment # at Athenaeum

Many rooms overlook Piccadilly however so if you are not used to traffic noise ask for a non Green Park view room. The apartments' entrance are to the side but you may still get some noise from Piccadilly. I'm sure the hotel will oblige if you ask for a quiet room though (higher floor at the rear for example).

Edited: 25 January 2012, 08:42
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Room # or Apartment # at Athenaeum

Thanks so much

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Room # or Apartment # at Athenaeum

How far in advance can I book our room for June 2-7, 2013 (yes it's 2013). Crazy I know. Looking into June 2012 it seems to be full up. Can I assume that is due to the Olympics or is this common for this hotel?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,220 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Room # or Apartment # at Athenaeum

Probably about 6-11 months. It varies with the hotel. If you were looking at those dates for this year, it may be booked or blocked because they roughly coincide with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Otherwise it doesn't seem to get booked up any more than any other hotel.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Room # or Apartment # at Athenaeum

Thanks for the information. I think that this hotel will be the best choice for location and siteseeing activities. I will make sure to book this summer for summer of 2103. Will we have problems in 2013 with the Queens birthday? Are most siteseeing venues closed on that day? What day is the Queens birthday celebration for 2013? Blessings.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,187 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Room # or Apartment # at Athenaeum

The birthday celebrations ( Trooping the Colour) mean that The Mall is crowded for a while. Nothing is closed and hotels aren't affected.

9. Re: Best Room # or Apartment # at Athenaeum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2013, 09:20