We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please advise with Eurostart question

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jbj
midwest
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
please advise with Eurostart question

I am getting ready to book our tickets to Paris from London. I have the choice of printing off tickets at terminal kiosk or printing them at home. If I print them at home is it a one time thing or can I also print them out again later at the hotel if I lose them on the trip? We do this when we travel in the US...usually have the email as a backup if needed.

Is one way better than the other as far as lines at the terminal? Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please advise with Eurostart question

Collecting tickets at St Pancras takes a minute, perhaps two if you need to unearth the card used to pay for the tickets.

There are plenty of ticket machines at the station; you may collect the tickets several days before your departure if you wish.

If you're concerned about losing those you print at home then wait until you arrive in London and pick up the tickets at St Pancras.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please advise with Eurostart question

I've printed off several copies at home - one for handbag, one for suitcase, one for backup file..... Who knows which version I ended up showing at either gate but they were accepted easily.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,410 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please advise with Eurostart question

There are rarely queues to get tickets at the Eurostar Terminal at St Pancras, as you can get them from one of the machines and it takes seconds. All you have to do is have your reference number (which is actually a series of letters)with you. You can write it down in several places so that you can't lose it. They also offer the alternative of using the credit card you booked with.

Edited: 27 January 2012, 00:47
jbj
midwest
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please advise with Eurostart question

Sounds as though it might be easier to just have the confirmation number rather than paper tickets. Thanks for your help..sorry about the typo with Eurostar

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: please advise with Eurostart question

Print them to .pdf, then take the memory stick or store the pdf on a cloud lockbox.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,303 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please advise with Eurostart question

< If I print them at home is it a one time thing or can I also print them out again later at the hotel if I lose them on the trip? >

You can print them out as many times as you like - but you can only use them once ...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,086 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: please advise with Eurostart question

You get sent a PDF file, which you can print off as often as you like. You could wallpaper your house with them, should you so desire.

But the ticket is good for the specified seat(s) on the specified train, so printing off two copies will not allow you to travel twice.

8. Re: please advise with Eurostart question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2013, 10:22