We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blood Brothers

Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Blood Brothers

Has anyone seen this production at the Phoenix? Thumbs up? Thumbs down? Thanks

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blood Brothers

It is a moving play with songs - but not a lavish production by West End standards.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,367 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blood Brothers

Considering the length of it's run, I think half the world has.

I for one thoroughly enjoyed it.

"Marilyn Monroe."

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blood Brothers

I saw the original performance at the Liverpool Playhouse way back in early 1983 before it transferred to London. And I too thoroughly enjoyed it.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blood Brothers

It is a few years since I saw it - I thoroughly enjoyed then and it has stayed clearly in mind (I can't say that for a number of other productions).

As it has been running so long, it is one of those productions you can often pick up cheap tickets for. It is part of the 2-for-1 discounts - to qualify for these you will need valid train tickets or travelcards, the latter must be purchased from a train - not tube - station - www.daysoutguide.co.uk There are also tickets often available at the reduced price tkts booth in Leicester Sq if you don't mind risking it to the day - http://www.tkts.co.uk/whats-on-sale/

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blood Brothers

I enjoyed it. Recommended.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,703 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blood Brothers

It' s quite a while since I saw it but yes, good choice.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blood Brothers

One of my favourite theatre productions, seen it half a dozen times. It's been a couple of years since I saw it in the Phoenix definately recommended. Whether you'll enjoy it though depends on what you're looking for I suppose, the show is a musical and hence there are plenty of songs, though it is a black humour to it.

croydon
Level Contributor
616 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blood Brothers

I too have seen it half a dozen times taking different people and they and i all enjoyed it.

9. Re: Blood Brothers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2013, 10:21