We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

Mississauga
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

We need either a hotel room or b&b for a overnight stay at Gatwick Airport for a overnight stay. We have a early flight departing from Gatwaick South Terminal and transfer to the airport if provided would be good. Our budget is around £60 to £80 for a room for 2 person.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

If you are up for it, the Japanses capsule style cabins of the Yotel within South Terminal itself. Overnight should be about £62

The Premier Inn Central you can walk to from the North Terminal is a nice hotel with rooms between £60 and £75 normally.

There are a lot of B&B's in Horley that are about £55-£70 mostly for a double, but hours of opeartion of an airport shuttle are not always great and many charge. Google Massetts Road Horley and there are about a dozen B&B's. There is a local bus to Gatwick that goes along Massetts Road too. Most of the B&B's are more expensive than the off airport budget hotels chains

The Ibis Gatwick has rooms normally on-line between £40-£55 in advance, but like most off airport hotels they charge for the transfer bus - in this case £3 per person each way.

Florida
Level Contributor
801 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

Stayed last week at the Marriott Courtyard for less than 60GBP. From customs to checking in at the hotel front desk it took us only 10minutes to walk. If you have too much luggage to walk, there is a shuttle for 3GBP per person. New, clean and very convenient airport hotel. Highly recommend it.

Mississauga
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

Thanks Just check both hotels. Prices for Ibis £70, Marriott £80 for May. I may have to check closer to to my date of stay, hopefully they might do specials.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

To avoid the hotel shuttle charges local buses might do the job for considerably less.

London
Level Contributor
10,417 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

"I may have to check closer to to my date of stay, hopefully they might do specials."

They might - but I would not count on it.

There are very few hotels which are wakling distance to Gatwick (only Sofitel Hilton and Marriot) and because of this they can generally sell at full rack rate. They don't usually need to discount - they sell on convenience.

How early is early? On weekdays, there is a good train service from both Victoria and London Bridge and it can be as easy to travel from around those stations as anywhere else.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

Check out the Hilton and Sofitel one is in the South Terminal and the other in the North but it's only about a 10 minute walk between one terminal and the other so we usually book the cheaper option.

Mississauga
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

We will be driving in to London from Portsmouth, stay overnight and fly out the next morning. Maybe we have to stay a little out and take the shuttle to the airport.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

Trumbles in Charlwood. excellent B and B and they will sort out early morning transport for you. only 5 mins from airport

Mississauga
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

Thanks, Matthew Trumbles looks like a good possible bet.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
29,079 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatwick Airport - suggestion for accommodation

I stayed here, it has good reviews. They will pick you up by car from the airport or station and take you back. Great breakfast. Comfortable, quiet with a welcome tray of tea on arrival (though you have facilities in your room). Nice genuine old pub (a short distance away with does good food.

http://www.cumberlandhs.com/