We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

My husband and i are going to be spending approx. 4 days in London in June. We are hoping to stay in the Kensington/South Kensington/High Street area. I am just wondering if anyone can suggest a great hotel/boutique hotel that would be reasonably priced to stay? We are hoping to not have to spend more than 200.00 canadian dollars per night. Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

CAN$200 is about £125 which puts you in the budget hotel category. What are your specific dates in June? The Millennium Bailey's Hotel has a good price (I used June 15 to check prices) of £535 for four nights which is a very good price.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,773 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

Check www.wotif.com

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,686 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

Have a look at the Kensington hotel (Doyle) or the Crowne Plaza (who have some offers on at the moment). I have just stayed at the latter (on a stupidly low rate offer) and can recommend it - it's extremely well located.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,686 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

You might also have a look at London Lodge and the Ashburn.

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

Our plans right now are to be there the week of June 4/12. Not sure what the set days are yet because we are waiting to book the flights.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I did read about the millenium bailey so i will check out each place you both suggested. Thanks so much!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee will take place during 2-5 June, 2012. So you might want to avoid that if you can.

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

Oh dear that is good to know. Maybe we will rearrange things a bit and leave a tiny bit later.

What is the best way to get from Paris to London?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,686 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

Eurostar (train). Cheapest tickets available 120 days ahead of travel and should be booked as soon as possible as they are popular.

eurostar.com/dynamic/_SvBoExpressBookingTerm…

London
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

Why would the Diamond Jubilee celebrations put anyone off visiting - all part of the fun, I would think, and unlikely to bring the whole city to a standstill. A current list of events here;

Saturday 2nd June, 2012

The Queen will attend the Epsom Derby.

Sunday 3rd June, 2012

The Big Jubilee Lunch: Building on the already popular Big Lunch initiative, people will be encouraged to share lunch with neighbours and friends as part of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. This may take the form of a traditional street party or a picnic lunch in small or larger groups. This event is being organised by the Big Lunch, http://www.thebiglunch.com/

The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant: This event will take place on the Thames and consist of up to 1,000 boats assembled from across the UK, the Commonwealth and around the world. The Queen will travel in the Royal Barge which will lead the flotilla. This event is being organised by the Thames Diamond Jubilee Foundation, http://www.thamesdiamondjubileepageant.org/

Monday 4th June, 2012

BBC Concert at Buckingham Palace: There will be a televised Diamond Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace with tickets being available to UK residents by public ballot. The musical programme for the concert is still being planned and is expected to feature British and Commonwealth musicians. Details on how to apply for the concert will be available in due course. This event is being organised by the BBC.

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Beacons: A network of 2,012 Beacons will be lit by communities and individuals throughout the United Kingdom, as well as the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Commonwealth. As in 2002, The Queen will light the National Beacon. The beacons project is being organised by Diamond Jubilee Beacons Ltd.

Tuesday 5th June, 2012

Service of Thanksgiving and Carriage Procession: There will be a Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral and a formal carriage Procession by The Queen.

Commonwealth Realms and other Commonwealth nations will be creating their own events in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee. In addition, they will be represented at, and involved with, the events taking place over the central weekend, including the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant on 3rd June and the Service of Thanksgiving on 5th June.

The best way to go from Paris to London is via the Eurostar;

http://www.eurostar.com/dynamic/index.jsp

Edited: 30 January 2012, 15:56
London, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay?? London for 4 Days

when you are in Kensington try the pub called The Churchill Arms in Church street for a Thai meal and good beer.