We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to park for night out in Camden

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
33 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Where to park for night out in Camden

I am having a night out in Camden tomorrow night and need somewhere to park.

I understand parking in Camden is almost impossible so was wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere to park either in Camden itself or on a quick tube ride away.

We will be coming from the south, round the M25, M4, A4 etc. Was thinking it may be easier to park somewhere like Hampstead and then tube it in.

Don't know the area at all so all advice greatly received.

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
33 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to park for night out in Camden

Can anyone help?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,009 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to park for night out in Camden

Like you said virtually impossible to park in that area unless you are a resident.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to park for night out in Camden

If you are coming from Petersfield is there any reason why you don't do the whole journey by train? Total journey under 1.5 hrs (inc Northern Line straight from Waterloo) and £28 for a travelcard.

Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to park for night out in Camden

Not impossible at all, especially in the evening - see here.

http://www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/navigation/transport-and-streets/parking/where-to-park/;jsessionid=7FE859B213DE8ABF29BF331010608F91

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
33 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to park for night out in Camden

PoolLounger - Many thanks for the link. Will take a look at our options.

St39 - Unfortunately we would need to be on the 2236 from Camden to ensure we made the last train home from Waterloo. The gig won't be finished by then which is why we had thought we would drive in.

London
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to park for night out in Camden

Sorry i havent been on here for a couple of days. If you can come down M1 come off at J4 and do what others do and park in Edgware, which is then direct on tube to Camden (northern line).

Parts of Edgware DO have restrictions 7 days a week, and some until midnight with traffic wardens patrolling. But where I propose you park is aobut a 10 min walk to station, near where I live, and there are no restrictions at all. These directions are if you comng from North of England, see you are coming from south, but you might be able to adapt them.

Come off M1 at J4 go down to roundabout and take 2nd exit off (Green Lane), which has blocks of flats at top of road. Go down the road, until a turning on the right called Oakleigh Gardens, and park there. It is just before a width restriction. I can assure you this road is fine, failing that then turn right off that into Kings Drive and park there., no restrictions at all for parking at any time. Note: There is no exit off M1 at J4 northbound.

From Oakleigh Gardens walk back to Green Lane and turn right, walk right to the bottom of the road (looks longer than it is), and at the bottom turn left into Manor Park Crescent. Walk to top of the road, and turn left (this is Station Road, Edgware), and the tube station is about 200 yards down on the right.

Last tube back to Edgware will be well after midnight.

Dont even think of trying to park closer like Hampstead - there are restrictions everywhere.

Hope this helps, and have a lovely evening.

Edited: 31 January 2012, 08:03
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,594 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to park for night out in Camden

How about somewhere south like Purley, or Horley?

There are trains from Victoria through the night on the hour that stop at East Croydon, Purley and Horley. It's £10.40 single to Horley, but maybe you can get an off peak return for not much more. Those trains run to Three Bridges if that helps too.

www.nationalrail.co.uk

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to park for night out in Camden

"If you can come down M1 come off at J4 and do what others do and park in Edgware, which is then direct on tube to Camden (northern line). "

I can't see how someone coming from Hampshire would need to go all the way round to north or northwest London to park. Why not just go into somewhere like the West End via the A4 and make sure you get there around 6.30pm when some restrictions will be lifted for street parking. There are also lots of streets around the Tottenham Court Rd area as well as around Great Portland Street where you could park. Just make sure you check the restrictions. Goodge St and Warren St are both a short hop on the tube from Camden Town.

Getting out at night is only difficult for the first 15 minutes or so as you leave that area again. But once you're out on the Talgarth Road you'll move quite quickly.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,786 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to park for night out in Camden

Agree with post 8 - you don't need to go so far north to find a parking space. Away from the main area of Camden High Street there are plenty of residential parking areas with restrictions that end at 6.30. I'd look in the area between the High Street and Regent's Park.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to park for night out in Camden

If you're coming from Petersfield, it's far easier to do the whole trip on the A3 right into London, cross the river at Waterloo, up Kingsway and then head to Camden, bypassing much of the West End traffic and find a parking spot as close as you can. I've always found a space at night, usually on a single yellow and usually very near where I want to be. Most people heading to that area will be drinking and don't take their cars, so a lot of the traffic at night is caused by minicabs and buses.

Worst case scenario, you'll find a space and have to walk 10-15 minutes, which is about the same as walking to a train station.

As long as you check the signage on the road, you should be fine.