We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sugar Land, Texas
11 posts
Save Topic
food

What should you expect to be eating while in London?

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
748 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food

Anything you want. Every ethnic - Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Indian, Vietnamese, French, Tex-Mex, BBQ ribs, Pizza, McDonalds. You name it, its there. Oh yeah, English food too.

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food

Could you expand the question a little?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,734 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: food

Probably the title of your post.

Bon Appetit.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food

An open-ended question indeed, and one that will have as many answers as there are TALFers.

I eat what I buy at the shops and the markets (always go self catering) and cook for myself, with an occasional sojourn for pie and mash; occasionally go for dinner with friends.

You will find food from all over the world in London, from Ethiopian to Burmese, French to Peruvian, plus English food to a very good standard.

You'll find kiosks selling scrote burgers and others offering very good food like pies, jerk chicken or Ghanaian food. You can visit a caff for a proper Full English Breakfast (egg, bacon, chips, [baked] beans, sausage, tomato, mushrooms, toast and a cup of tea) or a permutation thereof

There are meals from fine dining (Le Gavroche) to school food (the Stockpot) and everything in between.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food

So basically, London, and the rest of the UK is pretty much food heaven and caters for all tastes. Why would you even ask ?

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,042 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food

You can eat whatever you want to eat in London. The choice is much wider than Missouri. Including TP's suggestion of scrote burgers which tickled my fancy. Not ;-)

Anything in particular that you are craving?

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: food

Ah, but the poster lives in Texas. However the food choice will be much the same. Especially out on the road, Cracker Barrel, Taco Bell, Denny's, Bob Evans, Golden Coral, etc. None of which has graced the streets of London yet.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: food

Hundreds of years ago there was a Taco Bell in Coventry Street at the junction with Oxendon Street. It was, as expected, dire. The tradition continues with what I suspect an equally dire TGI Friday's at that location now.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: food

I had heard rumours of this Taco Bell in London but I put it alongside such legends as Spring Heeled Jack and the ghost of Margaret Pole. Always a friend of a friend that knew someone who saw this, but nobody was quite sure. So the legend of this strange yellow liquid in a small tube known as "cheese" and given to customers with their burritos may well be true here in this ancient city.

Kyoto, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
Level Contributor
4,963 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: food

I think Applebee's is popular in Misery. :)