We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
138 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

We're 5-6 weeks out from arriving in London (March 10-18). Just found out about applying for tickets - is there enough time if I send my letter tomorrow? (assuming I can figure out how to get that International Coupon thing tomorrow).

thanks,

Eumene

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,436 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

It's worth a go, as the Tower's website suggests applying two months in advance, three for summer months.

It could be worth a phone call to enquire about available places as well: 011 44 20 3166 6278 from 0900 - 1700 GMT.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

I'll post the info about getting the Coupons in US Post Offices on Sunday if no-one has done it before then.

Goulburn, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

Any Aussies who know how to get an international thingy here?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,128 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

>> Any Aussies who know how to get an international thingy here? <<

That "thingy" is called an international reply coupon and you buy them by at your local Australia Post office.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

You can order International Reply Coupons from the post office over the internet. Just set up an account (shipping is $1.25 and the coupons cost $2.20 each).

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

gosh I'd like to do this, from US I would need two coupons ?

jbj
midwest
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

We just bought our coupons yesterday at a Columbus are post office. I did some calling around first rather than going from post office to post office. We will be in London the end of March so I am hopeful. I figured it would be worth the price of the reply coupons and the mailing of the envelope. Good Luck!

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

Like TexScott suggested, we ordered the International reply coupons from the USPS website, got them in a couple of days.

Sent away for the tickets and received them in hand 8 days later! This was just a few weeks ago.

Granted, we were several months out from our trip, but the whole process was very quick.

Make sure to read the instructions carefully for what information the Tower of London wants included (everyone's names, etc) as it says if it isn't complete, they will return your request - and you will have to start all over including obtaining new International Reply coupons.

And yes, jd3Boston - two coupons.

Goulburn, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

Thanks so much for letting me know Mez 3000. I was so tired after a very loooooooong week at work I couldn't get my words out...heehee. That would figure buying at the post office....

United States
Level Contributor
314 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5-6 weeks too late to apply for Ceremony of Keys?

Give it a try - it is really worth going! It's one of my favorite memories of London and though I have been back a bunch of times since I went to the Ceremony of Keys I still remember it really fondly.