We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baltic cruise - last day

St. Paul's Bay...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
baltic cruise - last day

we will be docking at harwich on the last day of the baltic cruise on jewel of the seas and the itinerary says 5am .. does anyone know what time passengers are expected to leave the ship please? as i need to plan flights back home! thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
458 reviews
from US$105.30*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.00*
US$334.40
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,636 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baltic cruise - last day

Why don't you ask the cruise company?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: baltic cruise - last day

Why are you posting in the London forum about a cruise in the Baltic that docks in Harwich?

There is a cruise forum tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.… but as said, there is also your cruise company.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,574 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: baltic cruise - last day

They won't chuck you off at 5:00am, but they'll need to get you off the ship fairly quickly as they'll be loading a new set of passengers. So I'd be surprised if you were allowed to stay much longer than 9:00am.

But as others have said - ask the cruise company. It may even be in the documentation you have already received.

Tips for the future - make your title meaningful for the question you are asking - for example "What time do I have to leave the ship at the end of the cruise?" and post in the correct forum.

USA
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: baltic cruise - last day

Welcome to the forum, AlexiaGauci! The cruise line doesn't know yet what time you will disembark. 5 am is an estimated time of docking. It will take hours to get everyone and their luggage off the ship. Debarkation will be arranged in stages by Royal Caribbean with those with the earliest flight leaving the ship earliest.

Royal Caribbean will offer airport transfers and *should* publish an earliest acceptable time for flights using their transfer. How about staying a few days in London before flying home?

london
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: baltic cruise - last day

we docked in Harwich early in the morning with a Celebrity cruise, I think the boat finished docking around 6am or so ... passengers had been instructed to leave their luggage outside their cabins ready for collection, and from there it was to be moved shore-side ... the cruise had meant to be finishing in Dover but because of bad weather we'd ended up in Harwich instead and they were arranging coaches for passengers and their luggage back to Dover

as we live in London we declined this scenic offer ... we only had a cabin baggage size suitcase each so we just pottered off the boat after breakfast and wandered over to the train station very nearby, I think that was about 9am

so I guess the answer to your question is, are you relying on the cruise company to unload your luggage, in which case they will inform you of the arrangements nearer the time ... or will you be doing your own thing

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: baltic cruise - last day

It takes a while to get everyone off a ship so there will no definite time unless they have also arranged your flight.

7. Re: baltic cruise - last day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 10:17