We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legoland

scotland
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Legoland

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me. Planning to come down to London for a week with 3 children. Will be visiting Legoland for a few days but would love to travel into the city too. Checked out Windsor and not a lot of availability for my dates. Would love to stay near the Thames within driving distance to legoland etc. Has anyone any ideas. Would obviously get the train into London. Thanks in advance.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legoland

Have you checked legoland is open? I wanted to visit in January and thought it was closed until march.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legoland

Richmond? Kingston Upon Thames? Is Legoland really worth "a few days" eg more than 2???? (how old are the kids)

Edited: 12 February 2012, 12:51
scotland
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legoland

Going in the Easter hols. Really looking for a relaxed week, where we can explore London city all the sights and be in a relaxed home for the week, by the Thames would be lovely. Legoland we will play by ear, if we get away with one day so be it. Kids are 9, 7 and 4.

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legoland

Hi,

This site may be of interest to you -

www.troppo.uk.com/p14.html

Also -

www.sheephousemanor.co.uk

Edited: 12 February 2012, 13:39
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legoland

There is a Hilton in Bracknell that's not too far from Legoland. I stayed there recently and it was ok.

If you want to be closer to the river then there is also The Runnymede Hotel at Runnymede. This is about 15 minutes to Legoland.

And there is also a hotel by the river at Maidenhead called The Thames Riviera. About 20 minutes to Legoland from here.

There are lots of others, eg Marriott at Slough, Hilton at Slough etc etc so you'll have plenty of choice.

Just be aware that the Legoland Hotel is opening over Easter so it will be very busy. I tried to book rooms there but they were sold out.

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legoland

Hi,

www.almahouse.co.uk

Alma House may also be of interest to you.

7. Re: Legoland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 February 2012, 14:57
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,299 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Legoland

You could also try the Oakley Court Hotel, just outside Windsor right next to the River Thames.

scotland
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Legoland

I was looking for self catering accommodation near the Thames but within easy driving distance to Legoland. A hotel would be a nightmare with 3 kids for a week. Its just I am not sure about the areas surrounding London. Obviously not too far to train it into London city too. Thanks everyone for feedback so far.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,987 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Legoland

Well training in to London from Windsor or Slough is only about 30 minutes.

I am not sure why staying at a hotel or B & B would be a "nightmare." Windsor is a veery pedestrain oriented place, with the Great Park to wander about in, the Thames to stroll along. Your kids will be nackered after a full day at Legoland anyway.

Why will they be so unhappy at a hotel/B & B?

The Windsor Trooper Inn is popular with Legoland bound families. They have availability for Easter dates, and have family rooms that can accomodate 6, which includes breakfast. If memory serves, they may also sell discounted Legoland tickets. Might give them a ring.

www.thetrooperinnwindsor.com/pages/pv.asp…