We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilsons Serviced Apartments

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wilsons Serviced Apartments

I have found apartment accommodation in Kensington listed on booking.com "Wilsons Serviced Apartments - Cornwall Gardens" but can find no reference to this place on Trip Advisor. It sounds lovely and looks like it would accommodate my family of five perfectly when we are in London later this year, but I would like to find out a bit more info before I make a booking. Anyone know of this place?

Thanks very much

1. Re: Wilsons Serviced Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 February 2012, 16:47
2. Re: Wilsons Serviced Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 February 2012, 16:47
Edited: 19 February 2012, 16:47
London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wilsons Serviced Apartments

I used to live in Cornwall Gardens, a very nice area indeed. It's not far from Gloucester Road station, there is a massive Sainsbury's very nearby, and Kensington High Street is a ten or 12 minute walk away.

The location is great, but like TexScott I don't know much about Wilsons the company. I have used booking.com though, and all has gone well with the hotels I've booked through that website.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wilsons Serviced Apartments

I cant find a website but I did find this on a booking site and it would make me suspicious:

"You may be required to pay a security deposit on check-in of GBP 400 per apartment. This can be paid in cash or by credit card only."

It says nothing about this being refunded or applied to balance due at end of stay.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wilsons Serviced Apartments

With reference to a previous post, I am currently awaiting a refund from Wilsons Apartments. I made a booking via Booking.com and the deposit was taken 4 days later from my account in February. I cancelled the reservation on 13th March and am still awaiting a refund! Booking.com are trying to get hold of someone at Wilsons without success, but as you can imagine, I am not entirely happy about this situation.

Beware!

Pittsburgh...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wilsons Serviced Apartments

OMG, Diane, you have exactly same situation to me. Do you mind if I get in touch with you until the situation is resolved?

I had made reservation through booking.com and then had to cancel the reservation 2 months before the reserved day. But they took half of my money immediately from my card and NOT RETURNING THE MONEY. AND NO ANSWER TO EMAILS OR PHONE! I tried every means of communication: emailed them, asked booking.com to email them, asked booking.com to try to reach them by phone, and even had to go through the hassle of making a international call to London. NO ANSWER AT ALL.

I'm very frustrated and suspecting if this apartment really exist.

Edited: 03 April 2012, 16:03
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Wilsons Serviced Apartments

I am exactly in the same situation with You. i have paid in advance. They cancelled my res. and it seems I am cheated.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wilsons Serviced Apartments

Since www.booking.com are no longer accepting reservations for the flats I suspect that the company is no longer in business.

If you used a credit card to guarantee the booking, a charge has been made to the card and the booking has been cancelled then you need to contact your credit card provider to dispute the charge.

chevigny saint...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Wilsons Serviced Apartments

booking;com told they cancelled my reservation to wilsons apartment on the 6th of april.

To make sure it was cancelled ( but all the payment has already be taken on my credit card ) I wrote to wilsons by mail and received an answer my reservation is still valid for the 23 of april , just the address is different ( not cornwall gardesn but warwick gardens ) Do I take the risk to keep my reservation ( I understood on this forum i would not get my money back easily ) arrive in London and I don't now if the aprtment exist ( thy did not answer me yet where to take the keys.....don't know what to do,,,,, Lyne192

Yokohama, Japan
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Wilsons Serviced Apartments

Hi, all.

I'm back from London this week, and happened to find this forum right now. I'm exactly in the same situation with you all. They cancelled my reservation due to double booking, and they told me that they had refunded the deposit, but actually they haven't. I tried to visit them during the stay, but at last they admitted that there's no their office in London.

I'd like to keep in touch with you and work side by side.

Edited: 11 April 2012, 18:08