We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easy jet airlines

North Carolina, USA
Level Contributor
162 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
easy jet airlines

anyone have experience with this airline? I am hesitant, there is no phone number on the website, is that fishy? they are best price from london (gatwick) to rome. hope you can help!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: easy jet airlines

Easyjet is one of the leading budget airlines in the UK. They don't have a phone number as they are purely an internet booking only company. I've flown with them a few times and never had a problem.

As they are a budget airline and the flights are cheap, you will have to pay for any drinks or food on board. Also they don't allocate seat numbers but those who check in the earliest get priority to choose where they sit as the boarding cards are issued in number order. You will also likely to have to get a coach from the terminal building at Gatwick to the plane as they like to have quick turnarounds at airports to minimise waiting time.

Yorkshire,UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easy jet airlines

I have used this airline with no problems, telephone number for customer services is on their website, under contact us menu , but have to enter a search request. Number & opening times supplied

NC
Level Contributor
164 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: easy jet airlines

I've flown Easy Jet and Ryan Air. It was a crazy experience! Definitely worth it.

North Carolina, USA
Level Contributor
162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: easy jet airlines

recran............ crazy good or crazy bad? thanks all for the input!

london
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: easy jet airlines

They're one of the no-frills airlines - actually I think some are starting up in the US soon so you'll read a lot about the concept then.

For the price you get a seat on the plane and that's it. You won't get a ticket, you book online and receive a reference number which you can print out and give at check-in. There's often a bit of a scrum to get on the plane as everyone clamours for the best seats. You can buy rolls and snacks on the plane but they're very expensive and not very nice. And if the flight is late or cancelled you don't usually get any help with getting home. The phone number on the website is charged at a very high rate. The only other minus is that they often use airports that are further outside the cities than scheduled airlines.

But easyJet is very well established here. There's nothing fishy about it. It's just low-cost because it cuts out all of the extras. The planes are just as safe and clean as others and the staff are just as pleasant.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: easy jet airlines

All budget airlines make up the cost in other ways. The usual is the low bagage allowance 20kg (excess at 4GBP per Kilo) and the no name change policy. Read ALL the conditions before you book, the staff will not make any allowances for any reasons. If you are one minute late for check-in - tough.

Check www.skyscanner.net as sometimes there are cheaper alternatives to the budget airlines.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: easy jet airlines

I've flown with them a few times. No problems.

Don't arrive late, they run a series with one of the TV stations to remind us that check-in closes on time and stays closed. Check your flight details carefully before pressing the OK button, they don't refund on customer errors either.

NC
Level Contributor
164 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: easy jet airlines

Crazy like the others talk about - as in wacky, not nec. good/bad. I flew Rome to Paris on Ryan Air, and that was truly nutty - the "Paris" airport was a "45 minute ride away." Okay, maybe if your bus driver drove pretty speedily - we took almost twice that time. But anyway, I flew from Paris to Barcelona on EasyJet and was pretty impressed. Like others mentioned, no free food and the plane wasn't the cleanest one I'd seen, but it was totally worth it. If I ever get to do a multi-city Europe trip again, I'll definitely check them out. Oh, but you have to get to the airport well before your flight to make sure you get your seat. I read comments from a bunch of people complaining about buying seats and then getting there only to find out that the flight was overbooked, they'd gotten bumped, and all they were getting was a refund of their fare (no new flight!). I took that to the extreme and was first in line for both flights - wasted a lot of time but didn't worry about not making the flight. You should go for it.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: easy jet airlines

I have flown with both Easyjet and Ryanair and I would say Easyjet tend to fly to airports nearer city centres than Ryanair.

The best example of Ryanair is that they advertised flying to Copenhagen in Denmark but the plane actually landed in Malmo in Sweden. You would then have to get the train from Malmo to Copenhagen across the sea and, if my memory serves me right, you passed Copenhagen airport on the way.

Not surprisingly a few people complained and Ryanair were forced to change the advertising. Having said that though i did get my cheapest fare ever with Ryanair. 19p (before taxes) to fly to Aarhus in Denmark. I was really upset a week later when they reduced the price to 2p.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,057 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: easy jet airlines

Have a look at reviews of EasyJet at www.airlinequality.com (or is it .net? - sorry). Whoa.

But then I have a hard time travelling light, and am a frantic collector of BA points, so.....